Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by ron16, Apr 13, 2009.

1. ron16

ron16 New Member

State:
    Pelion, South C
    New to this site and been a very long time since I did any serious fishing. Recently retired from the Army and am looking to get back out on the water. Trying to refurbish a couple of boats inheritted from my dad and will be set. My onlt problem is that it's been so long that I'm pretty sure I'ne forgotten how. I am closer to Lake Murray but can get to Satee easy enough. Any pointers or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Ron

2. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    welcome to the BOC it,s a great site .i don,t know your area but i,m sure you will get a lot of good info on here , THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE TO OUR COUNTRY

3. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Ron. Thanks for serving!!

4. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Ron, Welcome to the BOC!! I live here in the midlands also, maybe we could go sometime, I would love to refresh your memory!! :wink:

Thanks for standing on the wall!!!!

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Ron Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois.:0a22::0a25::0a25:

6. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Welcome to the BOC
    Thank you for your service to this great nation.

7. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Welcome to our world, Ron. Glad to have you here.

8. westvirginiacatfish

westvirginiacatfish New Member

State:
    Ronceverte
    Welcome to the B.O.C :cool2::smile2:

9. GEORGE2

GEORGE2 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Welcome to the BOC! If you don't mind spending a little money I recomend hiring a guide for a day. They will show you everything they know, its money well spent. I have fished with two different guides at santee and the info I gained is priceless. The two guides I have fished with were open to anwser any questions I had. I would recomend capt. Ron Howard (santee with round hill) or capt. Gary Hill (Hills Guide service), both fish the santee area and are awsome guides. I said for years I would never pay someone to show me how to fish, my only regret is not doing it sooner. Some of them offer discounts for men and women who have served our country.

10. ron16

ron16 New Member

State:
    Pelion, South C
    Thank you for the info on the guide. I will definately look into it further.

11. ERIC S

ERIC S New Member

State:
    Baton Rouge LA
    I just joined the site and have found all kinds of usfull advise from these guys. hope you enjoy it as much as i have

12. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hi Ron! Welcome to the Brotherhood of Catfishermen family. We're glad to have you! :cool2:

I saw THE roundhill mentioned in another post on this thread; he is one of the BOC's Guide partners and quite knowledgeable.

You will find "Santee with Roundhill" on the home page under the heading "Catfish Guide(s)", but here is a link for your convenience.

www.catfish1.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=498

Also, after you have ten posts yourself, you can use the PM (private message) feature to contact him.

13. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Welcome to the BOC.

14. Robbie Norton

Robbie Norton New Member

State:
    Florence S.C
    Wecome to the boc ron, and thanks for you serving in the US Army an to your service to our country:cool2:

15. Gomer

Gomer New Member

State:
    ladson,sc
    Welcome to the BOC Ron , Thanks for serving been there (ret navy) hope you want hold that aginst me. Now It's time to get out and enjoy what you've been protecting for so long.

16. smokkin99

smokkin99 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    welcom to BOC!!!:0a25::006:

i too live down here but on the beach side. i am pretty sure can find all the help you will need here if us (BOC family). just for it and we will what can to help.:smile2: