Newbie to the forum

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by nevets91, Sep 8, 2009.

1. nevets91

nevets91 New Member

State:
    rock hill south carolina
    hey im Steven from rock hill South Carolina. I have been catfishing since i was a kid even though im only 18.. I do have a boat its a 1648 G3 with a 30 horse johnson that runs...some of the time.i fish both rivers and lakes so i cant have it rigged for just one kind of fishing I came across this forum a while back but never posted and just figure i would drop a line. this is a great site and i have spent many nights going through the post. i hope to be fishing the catawba catfish clubs september tourny so if you all have any tips ill take all i can get. :wink:

One of the other reasons i am posting is i am looking to put a few more rod holders on here but cant deside where to put the next to i dont know if i should put them up front or in the back? here are some pictures you all tell me what you think.:0a17:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
  2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Welcome to the BOC, this site is full of good info and great people!

3. LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN

LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN New Member

State:
    sc
    Welcome to the BOC.Dont hesitate to ask these guys questions.They will help you.Its the best site out there.

4. nevets91

nevets91 New Member

State:
    rock hill south carolina
    thanks for the welcome guys.
    does anyone know about how many will be fishing the catawba catfish club tourny?

5. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Steven welcome tothe BOC!! Your gonna be happy here!:wink:
    The last several Wateree events have drawn about 30 or so boats. Makes for a nice payday if ya place. Make sure you introduce yourself to everyone come tourney time. Glad to have ya aboard!

6. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Welcome to the B.O.C. Steven. Nice boat, good luck out there.

7. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hi Steven! Welcome to the Brotherhood of Catfishermen family. We're glad to have you! :cool2:

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Sharp looking boat Steven. Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois.:0a23::0a25::0a25:

9. net man

net man New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    nice boat hope to see you on the lake :big_smile:

10. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Welcome to the BOC Steven. Enjoy the site.

11. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    First of all welcome to the BOC,glad you joined up and posted,looks like you have plenty of potential with your boat,Placement of rod holders and such is really gonna depend on you and your type of fishing.If you are gonna be mostly anchored I would concentrate more on the back of the boat and a few on the sides,with that set up you would be ready also for power drifting with trolling motor when there is no wind.If you are gonna solely drift with the wind and drift socks you may need to concentrate more on the side.I would go for about 4 across the back and 4 on each side and then you will have all areas covered.
    As for the Catawba Tourney,hope you can make it down and be sure to introduce yourself to everyone.many BOC guys fish them.Also remember Tourney talk is limited in the State Forums so be sure to check us out and keep updated in the "Catfish Tournament " section on our page.Also make sure you check out the Carolina Catfish Club since you are in Rock Hill/Charlotte area.:big_smile:

12. Cutbait101

Cutbait101 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Welcome to the BOC!

13. fishingfool

fishingfool New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Welcome to BOC this site has been a blessing to me. The men and women on here have helped me tremendously. I hope you find this site as helpful as I have. What part of the Catawba are you fishing?

14. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    I would agree with Marty on the rod holder set up. See you already have some along the side need 2 or 3 more on the back. Check the library and look at some of the ideas for bars across the back to mount holders.
    Welcome to the BOC.

15. nevets91

nevets91 New Member

State:
    rock hill south carolina
    again thanks for all the welcomes guys.
    so after reading what you guys said about the holder set up i sat in class coming up with my own ideas. so between my morning and afternoon class today i came home and put my ideas together and this is what i got tell me what you all think.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i put together some older stuff we had layin around and i think it will work well

16. Redneck in a Skiboat

Redneck in a Skiboat New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Welcome to the BOC, Steven. You didn't waste anytime adding those new rod holders. That is a sharp boat.

17. nevets91

nevets91 New Member

State:
    rock hill south carolina
    thanks man. yeah i had those tee bars layin in our buildin so i put holders on em and got em set up right. it turned out good i think. hopefully it will fish good too

Last edited: Sep 9, 2009
  18. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Stephen, welcome to the BOC/SOC :cool2:. looks like ya been a member since May, jump in and do some posting :wink:.

19. CRAPPIEMAN

CRAPPIEMAN New Member

State:
    GASTONIA N
    Welcome to the BOC Steven nice boat hope to see you on the water sometime.