Newbie question about Eastern Carolina...

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by wodtheiii, Jun 8, 2008.

1. wodtheiii

wodtheiii New Member

State:
    NC
    Just wanted to introduce myself before I start asking questions. My name is Will and I'm a member of a few other hunting related forums. I live in Currituck and I'm lookin for a nearby spot to catch some catfish. I've caught a bunch of little fingerlings in the Currituck Sound but nothing sizeable. 1) Are there any eater-size cats out there and 2) where would they be? I'm not trying to cyber-scout or anything (ok I guess a little bit) but I grew up fishin the James river and ever since I moved out here I've been dying to find a place to get on some cats. Help a brotha out!

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Sorry I can't help you out but there are plenty of members down that way. I just wanted to say Welcome to the BOC!!!:big_smile:

3. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Welcome to the BOC , hang in there someone will help you out , good luck fishing

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Will.

5. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Will, welcome to the B.O.C.,best catfishing community on the planet

6. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Welcome to the BOC man! There are plenty of places to get on some cats in Eastern NC. Just about any river or creek will have them for sure.

7. wodtheiii

wodtheiii New Member

State:
    NC
    Thanks for the warm welcome everybody. Fatflattie, that's what I figured. There's a few creeks around here that I want to try but I feel like there's got to be some around the Currituck bridge in the Sound.

8. SUNDROP

SUNDROP New Member

State:
    Washington
    I'm not familiar with your area, but I know around the pamlico, the farther back in the creeks you get the fresher the water and the bigger the cats! I'd say that probably applies there too....

9. todobiennc

todobiennc New Member

State:
    nc
    Albemarle Sound is very salty this year so the Currituck probably is too. How's the smoke up your way? You may want to try the upper Chowan? I'll try to ask around.

10. wodtheiii

wodtheiii New Member

State:
    NC
    Today you couldn't even smell smoke but yesterday it was as bad as its been. So thick that it looked like fog and we could actually smell it inside the house. The upper Chowan is definitely in the plans for this summer so I'll need some info on that area as well. Again, I'm not trying to get on anybody's spot but I'll take any help that I can get.

11. SUNDROP

SUNDROP New Member

State:
    Washington
    Smoke shifted my way today. It is horrible and is keeping me inside the house, but it even smells in here. I have some respiratory issues and summer is bad enough without this! Weatherman says wind coming my way until Saturday at least! I hope they get that thing under control soon!! * cough!

12. wodtheiii

wodtheiii New Member

State:
    NC
    Sundrop, have you seen a satellite image of the fire yet? Its pretty big. I doubt they have it completely under control for some time to come.

13. SUNDROP

SUNDROP New Member

State:
    Washington
    No havent seen that. I have heard they have another fire in Dismal swamp arounf Suffolk VA now.... Looks like Mother nature is doing some house cleaning!