newbie king kat circle hooks

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by back channel, Jan 6, 2006.

1. back channel

back channel Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I am new to the catfish game but I have to say that over the couple of months that I have been vewing this site I have learned a lot. I applaud all of the boc members for being willing enough to share information with out hesitating. keep up the good work.

Question: I was wondering if anyone uses the king kat circle hooks by eagle claw? I want to try them but dont know if they are worth buying.

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Brad K uses them & I think he likes them. I am going to try them out myself this year. I have not seem them yet, but it sounds like they have a smaller gap then Gama Octopus Circles.

Plus, lets not forget they are red, so if your fishing w/ a wife or girlfriend they will like them, if nothing else for the color. :)

3. back channel

back channel Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    H2O Mellon

I was just on the cabelas web site and the the circle hooks come in red and black nickle.

4. DaveR

DaveR New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    Back channel,

I hope this helps. I haven't tried the King Kat hooks yet but I did buy some of the
    8/0 hooks for flatheads. My buddies and I did use the regular branded eagle claw circles with great success on channel cats and expect that the King Kats will bring the same results.

Good luck
    Big Dave

5. DaveR

DaveR New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    Oh yeah welcome to the BOC. The coolest fishing site on the web. :D

Big Dave