Newbie Here - I need some catfishing advice

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by KingKAt35, Jan 17, 2006.

1. KingKAt35

KingKAt35 New Member

State:
    Kansas City Missouri
    Hello fellow catmen. My name is tony and I hail from the Show me state. Just got into catfishin bout a year ago. I am currently upgrading my stuff and cant wait til the spring time. I aminly fish smithville Lake for bass and crappie but have never fished it for Cats. I would like to catch some blues but whatever I pull in I love it. So if any one can tell me where the best place is tp catch some cats at smithville lake I would appreciate it. Thanks

And have a great fishin spring.

2. stickthrower

stickthrower New Member

State:
    Possum Kingdom Lk, TX
    WELCOME ABOARD! Haven't ever fished in your neck of the woods, so no particular advice. Just wanted to say welcome & there are lots of great people here that will be more than willing to help you any way they can.:)

Frank

3. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Tony, you can give up on that Trash fishing:) cat fishing will be a good challenge for you. you will enjoy the pull of that big Ole Mr whiskers.:)

4. little_fiddler

little_fiddler New Member

State:
    Otter Creek, Iowa
    Welcome to the BOC.

I have never been to Smithville but do spend alot of time in the Mississippi river near Dubuque Ia. I can only suggest what I know, which ain't much. Try fishing around fallen timber, near or in creekmouths, along channel current borders, or in deep holes. Wingdams also are productive if there are any in your lake.

5. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
  6. SangamonCatKiller

SangamonCatKiller New Member

State:
    central illinois
    Welcome aboard Tony. You can find out just about anything you will need here.

7. KingKAt35

KingKAt35 New Member

State:
    Kansas City Missouri
    Thanks for the replies. I have read on here for quitem awhile. Im more of a lurker than I am a typer. Lots of good info and seems to be good PPL.

8. the_nis

the_nis Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Hey Tony, welcome to the BOC!

9. brian sax

brian sax New Member

State:
    shawnee kansas
    i have never fished there but been there a few times, if you want a blue try using fresh cut bait like shad and other baitfish that are from the lake your fishing.