Newbie Advise for tournaments

Discussion in 'TOURNAMENT TALK' started by 187um, Mar 8, 2009.

1. 187um

187um New Member

State:
    west frankfort, ill
    any advise for a new comer just got a boat with electronics thought i would throw my hat in the tournament ring problem is i hear its expensive and i just flat out dont know a thing about it. so any advise you all can give will be greatly appreciated. like costs,hardships, well anything thanks.

2. 187um

187um New Member

State:
    west frankfort, ill
    sorry double thread posting

3. thunt713

thunt713 New Member

State:
    winfield m
    Fish all you can ,cost is like a good night on the town and dont tell anyone about your favorite fishing hole :smile2::smile2: practice using your eletronics have good bait read all the forms you can on the boc and if you dont know ask on here and someone will give you a answer:wink:

4. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Well the only hardship that I can think of is loosing. Or I guess having a big fish get off at the boat. That can happen just out fishing though. The cost is about the same as going out and going fishing. You are just putting in an extra 100+ bucks into a pot. Now just find a good partner and split the cost of gas,tourny entry fee and what ever else. If I was new to it and did not have someone to learn with. I would just show up to a tourny launch and be there at the weigh in as well.. Get to meet some of the guys and get a feel for it. Or find an experienced tourny guy here on the BOC and see if he is in need of a partner.