Newbe here

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by Jedicazador, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Jedicazador

Jedicazador New Member

State:
    TN
    Hey all...My family and I moved to TN last fall, I dont know what took me so long to move here it's the closest thing to Heaven!
    Well I have a bunch of kids and they sure would like to catch some cats, I have had absolutely no luck catching any, so anything you can tell me to get us off to a good start would be appreciated.
    We've fished the Cordell Hull dam, Defeated Creek, and other hit and miss spots on the Cumberland. We're located in Red Boiling Springs, and really not far from many places here.
    Thanks a lot for any help you may offer.
    Mike

2. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Mike.

3. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Welcome to the BOC from South Carolina! I'm sure some of your fellow Tennessee BOC brothers will chime in with some advice for you. Lot's of good cattin' there!

Bill in SC

4. preshrd3cpy

preshrd3cpy New Member

State:
    Calhoun,Tennessee
    Welcome to the BOC and good luck fishing the water ways give it time and the Tennessee BOC brothers will load you up on fish locations.

5. gruffy911

gruffy911 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Welcome to Gods country Mike.

6. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Give the gallatin steam plant a try if you ever get the chance on a boat to get there.. or down around the dam at OH.. as well out at the mouth of the stones & cumberland.. great prime areas for holdin decent sized cats. :wink:

7. LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN

LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN New Member

State:
    sc
    Welcome to the BOC and youre in good hands.These guys will get you on the right track.

8. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Welcome to the BOC Mike..I've been here over 3 years and still haven't scratched the surface of potential honey holes..I'm in Hartsville and like you me and my family love it here in Tennessee..If TITANSFAN Chad ever comes around he can probably point you in the right direction..I know he fishes around Cordell Hull..Me I usually fish Old Hickory and Percy Priest..Have not had a good year..Last spring though tore them up..Not so much this year..Good luck with them cats..

9. festus

festus New Member

Hi Jedicazador, I've been to Red Boiling Springs a few times and also Defeated Creek. I used to live in Hartsville and Carthage and love the area. I had some friends who lived near Cordell Hull Dam in an A-frame. Now I'm back in East TN and fish Watts Bar, Ft. Loudon, and Melton Hill Lakes. One of these days, soon I hope, I'm coming to visit the Carthage and Hartsville areas again.

10. Jedicazador

Jedicazador New Member

State:
    TN
    thanks for the warm welcome, I got 4 children of my own and just fostered another 4 two of the boys never been fishing b4 so I have been looking all over this board trying to get more knowledge on the cats. I want them to have a good time, and not get bored with fishing. I usulally bass fish and can c that ya'll dont favor those pigs, I think the cats would be alot of fun for the children, I havent had much luck this year either with em, but still trying, enjoying the great weather and water.
    Mike

11. mmarcum6

mmarcum6 New Member

State:
    Tenneessee
    Mike welcome to the BOC and to Tennessee. I don't fish the areas you mentioned so I can't help with that, but as for us not liking Bass you might be mistaken. We love them and they make great bait. I got ribbed over catching a 5 and half pounder at one of the Chattanooga gatherings, but I corrected everyone by letting them know he was hooked through the tail like any good bait should be. :smile2:

12. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Mike Welcome to the Brotherhood, from So. Illinois.

13. Jedicazador

Jedicazador New Member

State:
    TN
    Hahaha thanks maybe we can get together for some bass fishing sometime and you can show me how thats done:crazy:

14. mmarcum6

mmarcum6 New Member

State:
    Tenneessee
    Try it on an ultra light crappie rig. I told the guy fishing with me "Man I can't turn this thing towards the boat" Duh it's hard to turn around a tail hooked fish!

15. CatHunterSteve

CatHunterSteve New Member

State:
    Snowville, Va
    Welcome to the BOC Mike, i want to thank you for taking such an interest in fishing with your kids! Make them memories good one bro!

16. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Welcome to the BOC Mike. Where you at in TN?

17. Jedicazador

Jedicazador New Member

State:
    TN
    we moved to Red Boiling Springs in Macon county from the Las Vegas area, talk about a culture shock! :crazy: But we're meeting a lot of great people and we're making good friends.

18. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I know what you mean.We moved here from the New Orleans area just after Katrina..

19. festus

festus New Member

Mike, have you ever been to the little wide spot in the road in Macon County named Bugtussel? It's on the TN/KY border. I reckon that's where Jed Clampett was raised.

20. Jedicazador

Jedicazador New Member

State:
    TN
    Yea I knew that, when my mother in law came out for a visit she had to see the place, lol. Was'nt much to see some weeds is all, haha. I asked her if she knew where I could get into some good hunting and fishing but she could'nt help with that.