The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a nice meat pig last week in my back yard try to keep them run off but they seem to keep coming back good for the bbq but not my yard lol

·
Banned
10,798 Posts
Welcome,James. losts to learn here. check out the library . sit back and participate.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Wish I was closer I'd love to "help" you with those piggies. We have a population of them developing here in Central New York. Not sure how they got started, but, there's alot of them getting harvested. With no regulations this gives me a year round season to hunt them.

Rich

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Welcome to the BOC James!!!

Man, if you want pigs run off for a long while, have somebody come run em with dogs. Believe me, the dogs will do a better job of scaring pigs off than a rifle. Don't ask me why, but if you get after them with dogs a few times, they just don't wanna frequent the area anymore. Regardless, killing pigs is one of my favorite things in the world to do. I just can't get enough of it.

Here's a few pics of me with pigs. The first one was shot with a 12 gauge, the other 2 pictures are of hogs that were killed with knives after the dogs caught.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts