New zebco hawg seeker

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by Deuce, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Deuce

Deuce New Member

State:
    ohio
    I was just surfin around and got on the zebco website( not aure how I ended up there but ya know how it is ha) but they developed a new reel with a electronic bit alarm built in..cool huh? anyway here's what it says on the website..
    Zebco has created the ultimate catfishing tackle with our new Hawg Seeker series featuring Electronic Bite Alert™ technology. Hawg Seeker is a completely new catfishing system in either spincast or spinning format that will revolutionize catfishing. Stay tuned. . .more news to come!

here's the link theres a teaser pic of the reel.. http://zebco.com/index2.html

2. loppdawg69

loppdawg69 New Member

State:
    California
    Seems like a nifty idea...BUT WHY, FOR THE LOVE OF CATFISH, DID THEY DISPLAY IT ONLY ON A SPINCAST REEL!!!!!!!

3. Deuce

Deuce New Member

State:
    ohio
    LOL I was thinking the same thing..:eek:oooh:

4. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Seems kool lets see how it looks in a spinning reel. I guess zebco is well know for their spincast so thats probably why they displayed it.

5. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    its electronic, so id probably end up dropping it from the bank in the water with my luck. i like the idea, just wish it was on a baitcaster, depends on if the spinning one is big or not. might be some ill look into trying.

6. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas

My thoughts also...

7. xposedguts

xposedguts New Member

State:
    Illinois
    looks like a nifty little setup, but im not sure im into the led lights and beeping:roll_eyes:

8. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Hmm that spinning looks ok but how good is it. It's got to be a cheap Zebco reel i personllay never like that brand. It could be a nice, look what I got (bragging) thing when you go out fishing....lol..... At least some of the manufactures are making catfish equipment......

9. nitronostrils

nitronostrils New Member

State:
    IL
    I stopped in CC after getting off work to get some terminal tackle and they brought out a hawg combo for me to check out. The lights are bright and the alarm could wake dead, spooled with 20# test.

10. bigBB

bigBB Member

State:
    St.Louis, MO
    I checked one out at bass pro.. seamed to be pretty good quality for the money.

11. Jazper

Jazper New Member

State:
    Chillicothe OH
    I was at the candy store (bass pro shop) yesterday and I purchased the open faced spinning combo. I have yet to try it in the water but I really like the big reel and the overall setup. I have played around with it and if it does what I think it is going to do then there shall be no reason for me to switch over to the bait caster (which is why I was there in the first place) like everyone says I should. I will update after this weekend and let ya know how it works.

12. Jazper

Jazper New Member

State:
    Chillicothe OH
    Well, I have yet to catch a kitten on it yet, but using it last tuesday nite, It did perform like it should when getting a good strike. So I will be getting some more. Sure beats the bells.

13. Dadoftwo

Dadoftwo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Thanks Jeremy. Let us know how it does after you land a couple. That might be a good setup for my son.