New Year's Resolutions and Traditions

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by punkin570, Dec 27, 2009.

1. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    Ok yall, one more week til 2010. With that comes new expectations and plans and dreams. I have so many things that I want to change and get done in the next year, not to mention places I want to go and see.

Since the kids have gotten up in age and started the dating scene, they have informed me they have New Years plans already, so..........looks like me and the man will be ringing in solo. In years past we would always spend it with the kids at home sitting up late, eating icecream and watching the ball drop in Time Square. I think its time for a new tradition.

As far as the resolutions, most everyone (including myself) always somehow brings weight loss into the pic. Well this year, its way on down the list of things to do. If it happens in the process then great, if not, then I am happy just being who I am... my focus is more on the healthy issue than the size. Here are a few of my plans (not in particular order):

1. Getting out of debt
    2. Getting my son settled into his first year of college and on the right track
    3. Surviving my daughter's junior year in HS.. ..upcoming prom, senior portraits, etc etc.
    4. Getting better at healthy cooking and outdoor (dutch oven and campfire) cooking
    5. Take a night course in a foreign language to add to my resume
    6. Fish and camp more and do some traveling
    7. Spend more time with family and friends whenever possible
    8. Stay active in outdoor activities such as gardening and yardwork
    9. Completition of shed we have started to build before summer gets here
    10. Work harder on relationships with hubby and kids
    There are more but these are the top 10...what are yours?

2. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I was wondering when this topic would come up LOL

1. Lose 20 - 25 lbs (that is my goal) - If I lose more I will be ecstatic
    2. Maintain not smoking (going on 10 months now)
    3. Learn better anger managment
    4. Eat right or at least better
    5. Actually catch some fish :smile2:
    Im going to keep it at 5 I think that if I can do 2 or 3 of them (especially 1) then Ill be happy.

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I don't make resolutions but hope to be able to fish more this year. I lost most of 2009 because of a car wreck. So I will try hard to avoid cars on the wrong side of the road.

4. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I don't make New Years resolutions either,but I have been praying diligently that some way some how I can get my Surgical Weight loss Surgery. I need this so badly,if I can get that I would be so very happy.:big_smile:

5. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    At this point, my number one resolution is to get rid of this dang Lyme disease. :angry:

6. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    well it is that time of year again!! #1 go to church more #2 go on diet #3 stop thinking of me first....and #4 i will take care of now god bless all of my brothers and sisters in the BOC i hope god blesses you 10x what he blesses me

7. CatFishGuyMac

CatFishGuyMac New Member

State:
    Iowa
    My number one goal is to get another boat and do more fishing! Then i could lose some weight as well, Spend more quality time with the family and just enjoy life!!! Hope everyone had a good christmas and Have a great new year!

8. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    None for me,But I do want to try to be a better husband to my wife ,As well as a better DAD to my daughter,not making any resolutions though.

9. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Those are great goals I see here, I haven't come up with one yet but I'll post when I do...Missed ya punkin gal! :big_smile:

10. Jerry60k

Jerry60k New Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    My resolution is to not ever make a stupid one like last year.

I said I would not shave my head but instead go to the barber and get a
    "real" haircut.This cost me 11 bucks a month and I have been miserable ever since.

What makes me mad is my wife nor anyone else present last year during the resolution thing kept theirs.

11. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    New Years Resolutions!

1. Definently hope to find a new job and get back to working!!
    2. Could stand to get back in shape and health!!
    3. Kick the habit of Chewing tobacco!! Nasty chit and I hate it!!
    4. Just keeping being a good father to my family. That should of been my 1st. resolution, but that's it for now.

Hoping they all come true. Just have to put the mind to it and JUST DO IT!:wink:

12. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I'm going to try and live another year,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Living is Nice,,,,

I want to spend more time fishing,,,,,

13. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I'm about like Jim... mine is to wake up every morning. I'll do my part, the rest is left up to God. :wink: