New Years Day Fishing at Lake Truman?

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Mr.T, Dec 12, 2007.

1. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Anyone up for some fishing on New Year's Day?

I can't think of a better way to kick off the new year than to be out on the water, chasing big blues.

How about we meet at 10:00am at Osage Bluff Marina, regardless of the weather? I'm not talking about an all-day fishing marathon, just a few hours, maybe 10am till 2pm or so.

It could even turn into an unofficial, impromptu tournament -- have each boat kick in $20 or so, and the biggest fish takes the pot??

Whaddaya think?

2. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    How about a night one. Say 10pm on the 31st to 2am on the 1st? The 1st sounds good I'll have to see what else someone has planned for me. Since I'm going to be gone the weekend after.

3. catfishsafari

catfishsafari New Member

State:
    missouri
    Great idea Marty. Let me know how many pay the $20, then I will see if I can make it.

4. olddriller

olddriller New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey Marty getum off to a good start for 2008 !! I wouldn't have any thoughts about the $20.00 its the 200 Miles holding me back. Thanks for the post and your ideals.

5. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    cool marty if im down at dads count me and the old man in. come on steve put up or shut up!!!!! with all the new rods u have sold u can afford the 20$$$... pssst steve got any extra shad good buddy :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

6. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    Marty, this sounds like a good idea.

7. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    Steve it wouldn't be complete without you, the only problem is I would not be able to keep up with your boat to follow you around. :wink:

8. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    well last night while steve was sleeping i snuck his gps chip out and put it in my x 15. hee hee only thing was all his way points where marked as pirate skeleton cross bones. is that a good thing or a bad thing :embarassed::embarassed:???? so i put his chip back. shhhhhh dont tell him he may have a cannon on that big boat of his.

9. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Sounds like fun Marty. Might be able to sell some asprin that morning to raise the 20.00....:eek:oooh:

10. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    il see if i can make it, might have to borrow steves boat but i will return it in time for him to fish this summer:smile2::smile2: ( late summer)

11. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Anyone still planning on going new years day? I think branden and i are going to try it ,have to see how the boat runs ,going out somwhere and try it this week

12. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I'm gonna try to make it but I'm not sure yet, I'll have to see what My mad money fund looks like. planning a trip to KY that weekend

13. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    I'm still planning to be there, as long as the ice isn't too thick.. :eek:oooh:

14. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Robert, probably no chance of me being ANYWHERE New Year's day other than the couch. With the lights off and earplugs in. May be a bucket involved:eek:oooh:

I don't generally plan being anywhere before about 6PM on N.Y.D. :smile2:

15. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    I forgot you like that festive night,I dont think we are going to do anything that night.

16. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    New Years is my anniversary and going fishing prolly wouldn't be in my best interest. I did however recieve "yard leave" to attend the gathering in May. I'll start rat-holin some $$$ and look forward to meeting ya'll.

17. roughneckcatman

roughneckcatman New Member

State:
    St. Joseph, Missouri
    Well i would love to come down and do some fishing but it is a 3 hour drive for me. However, if there are enough people to meet and chip in in $20.00 I will make the drive.:smile2: Does anyone know how many people are going to actually show up?? And are we fishing 2 people per boat?? What would the official start and finish time be?? C'mon people what can you do these days for $20.00 not freakin much!!:wink: And nothing could be better than cattin with a bunch of BOC brothers!!!!

18. kitten killer

kitten killer New Member

State:
    missouri
    well i 3will be therre just got to getsome shad from the freezer

19. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Not sure how many will show up -- won't know till they all either get there or don't...

No need to make it too formal, other than to be at Osage Bluff Marina at 10:00am. Whoever is there at that time and wants to put a few bucks in the pot can; we'll decide how long to fish and whether we need any other rules once everyone antes up... If nobody wants to bother with all that, then we'll just go fish. Either way, it beats the heck out of sitting at home.

20. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO

Leave the frozen shad where they are; bring a net and catch fresh shad, it's really not too tough.

I'm sure someone will catch more than they need and have plenty to share if there's anyone who can't find any.

Don't let a lack of bait keep you at home!