New Years day 2010 BOC fishing tradition

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by puppypal, Jan 1, 2010.

1. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Robert (tallmanrus) always fishes on New Years Day. He chatted with Mike (Sound) and then Ray (Raysplay) and Myself Glenda (Puppypal). That is how this day began. Mike met up with Robert early in the morning and Ray and I followed shortly there after to sheperd's Island. Boy! I sure needed a day away. Robert was sure nice enough to share his tradition and I was sure game for it. WAVING freaky like THANKS. I finally got to meet Mike and he was even nicer in person than in chat!:wink: Mike and Robert were out in the boat when we pulled up and I felt thier pain of the cold! ROFL It was freezing when we first got there and after i finished getting bundled up we were off. Kind of walked like a duck down to the river bank with Ray's HOT Orange coveralls on but I didn't care. About that time Robert and Mike got to see the wabble first hand and came back to the bank! LOL Well not before too long we had all our poles out and a fire built and we were off and running. The sun warmed things up real good and I got to rid myself of them sexy coveralls! YES! Had several good bites but nothing so to speak of. Got a good one and FUDGE it got off. Mike and Robert braved the river once more and went back out in the boat. Robert got himself a 5 or so pounder and he has proof on his cell. They did let him go though. When Robert and Mike got back that time both of them were shaking and screaming got that fire ready! LOL it had to be cold is all I was thinking while sitting on my comfy butt rock all covered up and warm as could be. This was a great New Years day for me....Ray even got a shot of me (clearing thoat) smiling as he says! By the way Hope ya dont mind Robert but since it was Ray's Birthday too can we share the tradition every Year.
    New Years Day/ Raysplays 48th Birthday 2011
    By the way Happy Happy Happy Birthday Honey Raysplay! Hugs and Kisses

PS LAST NOTE Ray and I got paid back for trulock because ROBERT was the one catching the cats this time!:wink:

2. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    Sounds like a worthwhile tradition, glad you guys got out and had some fun. Happy birthday Raysplay.

3. cassk

cassk New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    TY Glenda for sharing your day of fishing with us... sure wish I could have been there with you guys. Sounds like a wonderful way to spend New Years day!!

TY and TC
    Cass

4. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    thanks for the report glen. that bank fire was just the ticket it sounds like. nothing like getting together with friends for a day of fishing.

happy birthday ray.

5. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Finally
    #1 Shepherd's Island Arkansas River
    #2 Ray took this ya would know
    # 3 Mike Glenda Robert

Attached Files:

6. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Another banks? Shot! LOL
    Ray sound and Robert are the next too. Sorry pictures are not that good. It was cold!

Attached Files:

7. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    thanks glenda for the pics , i really had a good time , we all need to get together again soon

8. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    looks like you all had a good time.That's what it's all about.
    Thanks for the story and the pictures.

9. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    yeah I'm jealous :embarassed:

10. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Looks like yall had a good time, and sounds like a great tradition. Thanks for sharing.

11. raysplay

raysplay New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Thanks to all three of you for a great day at the river. we had a blast:cool2::big_smile:
    By the way puppypal that was my 47 B-DayThank you:angry:
    Women can never remember dates and time but Thank for a memberal one Love Raysplay:wink:

12. catman6331

catman6331 New Member

State:
    texas
    went fishing myself got a couple of nice 5 lbsers in the lake behind the va in temple. I always try to go fishing on new years day so I can get off to a good year.
    John

13. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    LM@O rofl giggling..............
    If men were not so quite to point out mistakes of women they just might.....read the sentance correctly and see 2011........Oh, well honey you would normally be right but this time best get out the calender and write it down. This puppypal was correct!:wink:

14. big pappa

big pappa New Member

State:
    perry, Ark
    but the river looked good,,, cant wait till it warms up some!!!!!!!! good pics