NEW WORLD RECORD

Discussion in 'Gar Fishing' started by catman-j, Jul 12, 2009.

1. upncomincatfishking

upncomincatfishking New Member

State:
    Cheviot Ohio
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2009

2. Kalvinc

Kalvinc New Member

State:
    Russellville, AR
    6lbs 14oz is the world record? I am about to go break that this weekend...Maybe not, but I would think it would be a lot bigger than that! :crazy:

3. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Kalvin most people get into big long nose gar not the short nose. that is wild to hook into a record fish though thanks for the post:cool2:

4. Kalvinc

Kalvinc New Member

State:
    Russellville, AR
    Okay I went out tuesday night and I hooked up with a short nosed gar....He had to be at least 5 1/2 lbs easy....released him and when I woke up the next morning I said oh no what have i done?

Looked it up and the arkansas state record short nosed gar is only 4lbs 7oz, I believe that gar I had would have been a new record. Any advice on keeping it alive until it gets certified or whatever has to be done?

5. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Well if you released it then it kinda makes a disappointment. Catching one an keeping it alive would not be that hard to do however. Can always catch an put in a pool of water that is confined.

6. chad69dart

chad69dart New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I guess i have never seen a short nosed gar. Maybe i should start paying better attention. i catch spotted gar almost on a daily basis. Nothing to huge 3 to 4 feet long. Spend most of my time just hoping they will get off so i dont have to bother with them.

7. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    I love it they weighed it at my favorite bait shop..And vicki..If you need help she will healp you ouut!!!

8. GFP

GFP New Member

State:
    MISSOURI
    I JUST BEAT YOUR RECORD

NO

10 - 12 - 2010

3 AM.

MINE WAS { 8 lbs 3 oz }

36 .2 INCHES LONG

I COUGHT IF IN ST JOSEPH MO
    AT
    LAKE CONTRARY

I WAS USEING A WHOLE
    7 INCH
    BIG HEAD CARP
    FOR BAIT

THANKS
    GEORGE

9. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I wonder how many world record short nose gars were tossed in the weeds on the bank before someone actually certified one. I bet a bunch..

10. thecatman

thecatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    those couldnt be the current world records as the texas state record alone for shortnose gar is 13.56lbs spotted is 9.8 longnose 50.31 and thats just the rod and reel records