New World Record Large Mouth Bass

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by Ace, Mar 22, 2006.

1. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    That is one huge Largemouth. That guy might just be a millionaire after the say it's certified........
    I'd love to catch one that big:003:

2. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    Can't believe they released it thats alot of money

3. catdaddy75

catdaddy75 Guest

i cant beleive he is holding that fish like that.he should at least be cradlein it.looks like that would be hard on the fish.shouldnt be new record though dude foul hooked it and wasnt weighed on official scales

4. mazdabob

mazdabob New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, IA (Omaha)
    The guys that caught it said they have caught this particular fish before, so I'm sure someone will catch it again, and get that world record.

5. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    It won't be certified as a record... too many DQ's esp the not hooked in the mouth... atleast for IGFA... there's another record book but i can't think of the name of it that it may very well go into though, they have slightly different rules... it was showcased in one of the catfish insiders when they did 4 a year...

6. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Is it just me or does the fish look like the guy holding it? LOL!:rolleyes:

7. maddcatter

maddcatter New Member

State:
    Newark, Oh
    According to one article about that fish, The IGFA is deeply considering making it the world record. The IGFA states no fish INTENTIONALLY foul hooked will not be considered. The fish wasn't intentionally foul hooked so, they are considering. The are getting the scales certified, and he has video of the fish. This will be a close one. It has enough evidence to make world record, and just enough to not make it.

8. Fry Guy

Fry Guy New Member

State:
    Warrensburg Missouri
    Either way WOW!

9. Ace

Ace New Member

State:
    Gastonia N
    Is the man holding the fish or is the fish holding the man?
    From the look on the mans face looks to me like the fish is holding him.:thumbsup: Good for you Mr fish.

10. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    That would make a lot of good cutbait. lol Vern

11. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Definately an awesome fish by any standard! But I don't think it deserves to be the new record for one fact. "Weakley foul-hooked the largemouth bass, with the hook lodged on the fish's left side, just below its dorsal fin." On a bass that big, that's slam in it's side. I've foul hooked a lot of fish that were swinging at a bait, and the farthest back I've ever hook one is in the gill plate, no where near the dorsal fin. However, I've run a lure through a school of bluegill and snag one in the tail, or broadside just as this fish was. Witness say that it wasn't intentionally foul hooked, but it clearly wasn't attempting to eat his bait either, which moves it from a "foul hook" to more of an "unintentional snagging" in my books. Guy did an awesome job of brining in a fish that big hooked broadside, thats tough...I've done it while snagging carp, and they were hard enough to keep on a hook sometimes...and that was intentional!

I'd see qualifying this fish if the hook had at least been placed somewhere in the vacinity of the fishing feeding aparatus, aka: it's HUGE mouth. Maybe they won't see it the same...but then I could start running deep cranks through wintering holes of flatheads, while "flahead fishing" and accidently catch the new record flathead...which is essentially what has happened here. As long as I've got a couple buddies to say that I didn't mean to do it...right?

Just my penny-penny!

12. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    foul hooked or not, man how did he get that thing in. i hope the guy does get the record he may have just casted out and hung the big hawg by accident but he did in fact catch the fish. i can't believe he let it go,i'm sorry but if that had been me that baby would be on the wall. i wish the guy the best,hope he makes it.

13. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    hey vernon, that was hilarious! i agree that would be alot of cutbait! i wish i had caught it then i wouldnt have to hunt shad all year!

14. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Jason, when your day does come and ya have a hawg in hand of any type of fish, bass, catfish, gar, carp or whatever, take good photos of it, messaure it real good, girth and length and get your self a replica made. They look very good and last longer.... Plus the fish gets to live.
    Now if it's a world record, keep that puppy till the folks with the big money come and find ya.
    Just think how much money that guy let go back into the lake. Over a million dollars and any thing he used to catch that monster with would of surely given him tons of goodies and the boat he used to find that fish, he would have the top of the line boat from them also !!!!!
    I wounder how much BPS would pay to have a fish like that in one of their stores ?

15. maddcatter

maddcatter New Member

State:
    Newark, Oh

He was chasing a specific bass. He saw the fish on a bed and cast to it. While he was working the lure, he felt a tap and set the hook.

16. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    See, now I find that suspicious. I've never foul hooked, unless intentionally of course, a fish that I could see. If you can see the fish sitting on a bed, the you can see right where you lure is running too. Which would have meant that he knew the fish was hooked broadside. I admit, I've done it before, seen a big old fish sitting up shallow, it won't touch anything you throw at it, so you starting thinking,"Hmmmm...this will be easy!" The only difference is, I never actually did it, because its not a challenge.

I actually hope he does get it, that way I know I've got loopholes to jump through in my chase for a record. :p

17. JNANCE

JNANCE New Member

State:
    HARRISBURG,ARKANSAS
    I don't think I could've thrown that big bass back. I'm sure it's the right thing to do, but that's a million dollar fish.

18. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i already have several fish on my wall that would have had to go with my collection

19. r_bray89

r_bray89 New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    That is an amazing fish and what a fight it would make. The guy looks like he is struggling to hold it up maybe he should start lifting so he can hold them monster fish.