New world record bass

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by Smuggo, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Smuggo

Smuggo New Member

State:
    sc
    Well kind of...

A 25-1 bass was caught by rod and reel in Calif. May 20. There were probs certifying the catch but it was weighed and photographed. Google "new world record bass" for the story. Don't think it will may it on the books as it was not measured for length and girth. It was also foul hooked from a bed. specific criteria were not met for this monster to be a true record. Good thing is it was CPRed

2. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    im not posative but im pretty sure that was caught last year, i might be wrong..

3. LiveWire

LiveWire New Member

State:
    LaVergne, Tennessee
    Yea, I think this one was caught last year and was actually "foul hooked", so it doesnt actually count as the world record. Thats what I read recently in Bassmaster magazine anyway.

4. rzrbk24

rzrbk24 New Member

State:
    Pope Air Force Base, NC
    Yeah I read about that bass last year. It was CPRed before the guy actually read the rules. Since it wasn't "intentionally" foul-hooked, it could have became the new world record. At least the guy didn't try to lie or cheat. I commend him for that and hope he catches it again.

5. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Very nice job on a world record bass!

6. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Right on the shore of Castaic Lake.You could see the dam from our window.Anyway in January out there you couldn't hardly drive the streets of Castaic due to Bass Boats lined up on both sides of the road.Castaic always was predicted to contain the next World Record Bass,it or Casitas. Baitshops couldn't get enough big crawdads in they were advertized as being The Bait!!! Needless to say when I seen pictures of some of the Bass that were caught out there,well I'd never in my life seen a Bass that big.Astonishment wouldn't begin to describe my amazement.Just didn't know a freshwater fish could get that big!! I have learned alot since then!:big_smile:

7. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    There was another 'world record bass' caught in California a couple or three years ago, but it wasn't as big as this one.

"Leaha Trew supposely caught a new world record largemouth in California. It weighed 22 pounds, 8 ounces, beating George Perry's 1932 record catch by 4 ounces. The problem is there was only one picture taken of it and it wasn't certified by a biologist or a California state fish and game offical."

8. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    yeah i read about that lady's fish, she caught it and let it go. man, the flathead i could have caught on that thing...:lol: