New wireless internet for Camping

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by PeZ, Sep 19, 2009.

1. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I got the new Verizon MiFi 2200 wireless internet and let me tell you its awesome. :big_smile:
    I can connect up to 5 computers to it. its got about a 125 foot radius and it 3g so its really fast, can stream video's np cost 149.99 with a 50.00 mail in rebate the service is 59.99 a month. I got rid of my home internet service as this was faster and completely wireless. its about the size of a credit card it has a wall plug and you can plug it into usb also to charge. It has about a 2 hour battery life if not connected to anything, which is nice. Im at keystone lake at the new Manford boat ramp campgrounds on it as im typing this review on the product.

Tired of going camping and no internet connection to feed your addiction like me this is the answer we been looking for
    .:sweat:

Last edited: Sep 19, 2009
  2. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Nice to know you can pick it up in wooded areas.:roll_eyes: Thanks for sharing.

3. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    yea its nice to get away from it all and go camping:eek:oooh::eek:oooh:

4. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    im not here to rough it im here to fish and do it as comfortably as i can, hence tv dvd player laptop and RV if i wanted to rough it and camp in the wild i would but im here to fish not rough it

Last edited: Sep 19, 2009
  5. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Is it like an air card??

6. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    I got the AT&T Air Card. In areas where there is the 3G network it works great also. In the areas where it is still the 2G it works OK. I got mine for the same reason. I have a big travel trailer with TV and the works, now I have my computer.

7. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Yeah I use the verizon ait card at home, its the only high speed we can get cause we live too far in the country.:smile2:

8. Dirtdobber

State:
    Vian Okla
    The Air Card will only work on one computer and only in areas where you have cell phone service. The one he is talking about I don't know about.

9. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    I can take my air card to my moms and use it there, or use it in a lap top or where ever there is cell service, mine isnt limited to just my computer.

10. Dirtdobber

State:
    Vian Okla
    Mine will work on any computer, just can't use more than one at a time. I wish it would hook to my wireless router.

11. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

LOL..Got ya..

12. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    How does it compare to DLS? I may look into it and just drop our DSL and home phone.:big_smile:
    Pete

13. Dirtdobber

State:
    Vian Okla
    Check to see if you have the 3G network. If you do it should work fine. If it is still a 2G network it will be to slow for a business. IMHO

14. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    this is not a card it a stand alone device you can connect up to 5 pc's at once and its very compairable to dsl if u can get a 3g connection some areas u can only get 2g but thats plenty to browse the internet and look at forums and what not no so good for downloading video clips but the 3g is i get about 1.5k down and 256 up on 3g and 1/2 that or less on 2g but they are comming out with 4g all over the place and soon it will be super fast

15. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Is that the same as the Version Novatel MiFi 220 Mobile Wi-Fi Hotspot Modem as I see on the internet that's normally $219 without a plan but free with a new service plan?

Sounds like a good deal for rural areas. Monthly cost is more and not as fast as my cable but I can't get cable at our farm.