New VS-1 deer attractant

Discussion in 'Big Game Hunting' started by JAYNC, Sep 14, 2005.

1. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    Has anyone tried the deer atractant called VS-1, it costs 50 an ounce but they say it is hands down the best because it is surgically removed from the Does Uterus.

2. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    Jay if they said it was removed from a deer uterus I would stay away from it simply because deer doesn't have urine in there uterus that would be blather so if it says uterus I wouldn't use it.

3. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    Well the reason they say it works so well is because the scent that the deer are attracted to are the secretions from the uterus, IE hormones and not the urine. I guess the best way to find out if it works is to just try it, but I will be mad if it doesnt work. I guess I have drank away $50 before so it wouldnt be too bad I guess if it didnt work. If it does cool but if not I guess at least I got out to hunt and have a chance at a deer.

4. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    Be careful brother They all say they work and the prob. do at times but thats allot of money for 1 oz. of pee.

5. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    Do you have a web site for that I would like to check it out.

6. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    I agree with Chuck about being careful. If what they say about their collection process is true, then it would probably be very effective. But I've had bucks tear down my cannister with Tink's 69 in it. And it only costs about 7 bucks an ounce. I cover scent more than I do attractants these days since I'm really hunting to put meat in the freezer and antlers probably taste pretty bad, even in soup. LOL

7. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    All I normally do is put my hunting clothes in a bag full of leaves for a couple days before I go and go way up in the tree stand, I hardly ever used the tinks or anything and have shot plenty of deer. I just saw an add for this stuff in the newest hunting mag and wondered if anyone has used it.

8. fishnfool68

fishnfool68 New Member

State:
    Near Tulsa Oklahoma
    I wouldn't pay that much for doe pee.I'm with Whistler,EVERY tree I have ever sprayed Tinks69 on, has been scraped by a buck later.The problem was I wasn't there when he was.Thats the problem I have with paying that much,if it works I may not know it untill I see the scrapes the next day. :sad: I have tried other attractants,and haven't found any signs that they work.For my time and money tinks is all I use.I did see a post on another thread about adding a drop of vanilla(without alcohol)to the tinks69.They said it drives bucks right to you. :D

9. twilightman

twilightman New Member

try shooting a doe that is in heat alot of times they wont empty all their blatter when they die its fresh works an free i use zip locks to catch it in till i get home

10. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    how can you tell if the doe is in heat when you shoot her

11. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    It's November? The only thing I ever buy is cover sent. I'm not after hornes.

12. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    OK JayNC here is a sure fire way to tell. IF you are hunting and you know the rut is on and a doe comes down the trail or through the woods and is stopping and looking behind her and flipping her tail around everywhere she is more than likely getting really close or is in heat. If a Buck is close behind and curling his lip you can pretty much be sure she is there. Other than that I don't know how you would be able to tell. But know this if its in Nov. and you kill a doe I would try and get her Pee. Hope that helps. Now if I see a doe doing that I'm not shooting her as there WILL be a buck close behind within 30-45 min you can bank on that maybe even sooner.