New Virginia member

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by rit.05, Nov 12, 2006.

1. rit.05

rit.05 New Member

State:
    VA
    Just wanted to stop lurking and say hello. I know this is the "Maryland" board, but there are more posts here than VA. I am new to the area and active military. I got addicted to catching big cats when I was stationed down south and discovered the monsters that roam the Cape Fear River. From what I have read and seen, the Potomac is an even better fishery for big blues.
    I was out on Vet's Day for my first trip on the river. I put in at National and ran down to Belvoir area. More of a scouting trip than fishing and with the weather the way it was, I needed to be on the water. If you saw a white Wellcraft CC running around the area on Friday morning it was me just getting some grids. Next time I'll say hello, but I didn't want to interupt anyones fishing. I marked a lot of fish and some holes and structure that I will target next time out. Ft. Wash and Mt. Vernon area looks good for my first shot. Most seem to prefer shad either cut or whole for the hogs. I used a lot of bluegill in NC.
    Well, great site here guys, thanks for all the info I have already gotten from reading past posts. If you see me out there, stop by and say hello. If you see a blackhawk flying up the river off of Belvoir, wave.

Dan

2. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC! It's exciting that you have decided to join us! What Branch of service are you in? I take it you fly helicopters,good fishing to ya brother and once again welcome! Missouri Sister Pat:big_smile:

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Welcome Dan nise to have ya

4. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hi Dan! Welcome to the Brotherhood of Catfishermen family. We're glad to have you! Thank you for your service to our country, brother. Here's hoping you'll be rewarded with lots of luck on your next fishing excursion! :smile2:

5. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Welcome to the BOC, Dan... jump in with both feet, we're glad to have ya, and I ain't even from VA...:lol:
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    It's not only for what we do that we are held responsible, but also for what we don't do.

6. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    WELCOME TO THE BEST DARN SITE ON THE WEB !:big_smile:

7. gottafish

gottafish New Member

State:
    Chesapeake, VA
    Hello Dan, I'm often in Ft. Washington for work and have wanted to fish the river there . Haven't been able to put it together yet though. Be sure and check out the James river from the Chickahominy river to Richmond. It's by far the best blue cat fishery in the state.

/Scott

8. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    welcome to the best fishing site in the world I hope you enjoy you stay here

9. rit.05

rit.05 New Member

State:
    VA
    Thanks for the warm welcome on a rainy Sunday. Usually church and fishing, but I'll settle for church and football this week...

Gottafish, I will hit up the James when I have figured out my area of the Potomac!

10. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Welcome to the BOC Dan. And there aint nothing wrong with football on Sundays

11. speciallibXO

speciallibXO New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Hey Dan, welcome to the site number one. There's a handful of us military guys on the site. I think I might have seen you out on the water on Friday as we were fishing from Fort Washington up to the Woodrow Wilson bridge. If you ever see a white 21 foot Carolina Skiff with the name " Special Liberty" on the sides, stop on by and say Howdy. There's usually 3 to 5 Navy Chiefs onboard. Again welcome.:big_smile:

12. TomV

TomV New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC Dan.

13. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Welcome to the BOC from Indiana
    Bill