Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Stacee from Indiana
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seen the Ugly Stik Catfish Special when I was viewing the printed Catfish Connection catalog on the website on page 11. Not sure how I missed that but have been trying to get the Ugly Stik Catfish for a few months and finally got 1 with free shipping.
Found a better picture and some specs of the rods.
I seen there selling the 8ft casting rod at Academy but there picture is wrong.
The spinning rod is the right picture but it's out of stock.

·
Registered
Steven from Georgia
1,011 Posts
My partner has been using them for many years. As long as you use them for there intended purpose, you will get many years of use out of it.

·
Premium Member
11,250 Posts
Keep in mind that the Virtual Catfish Conference coming on the 27th of this month is supposed to have some sales on rods. I don't know if a vender for Ugly Stick will be there but still worth checking. It is my understanding that each vender will be given a time slot to show their products. When watching the live thread, individuals will be able to ask specific questions about products. The Vender will list what their sales prices are and then you can order directly from the vender using their sales code. The length of time the sale is on is up to the vender but they figure most will just be those two days or maybe that weekend. Be sure to check on updated detail a day or two before.

Just something to keep in mind.

It is also my understanding that to get access to the live streaming, all you have to do is subscribe to the "Virtual Catfish Conference".

Also should have some good catfish seminars to watch.

Here is where to get more info. Where to signup or subscribe is at the bottom of the page.

My percentage of the profits is 000.0000%

tight lines

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Keep in mind that the Virtual Catfish Conference coming on the 27th of this month is supposed to have some sales on rods. I don't know if a vender for Ugly Stick will be there but still worth checking. It is my understanding that each vender will be given a time slot to show their products. When watching the live thread, individuals will be able to ask specific questions about products. The Vender will list what their sales prices are and then you can order directly from the vender using their sales code. The length of time the sale is on is up to the vender but they figure most will just be those two days or maybe that weekend. Be sure to check on updated detail a day or two before.

It is also my understanding that to get access to the live streaming, all you have to do is subscribe to the "Virtual Catfish Conference".

Here is where to get more info. Where to signup or subscribe is at the bottom of the page.

tight lines
Tom thank you I didn't know about the conference being virtual this year maybe I can get on a deal for once out here in Utah.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I seen the Ugly Stik Catfish Special when I was viewing the printed Catfish Connection catalog on the website on page 11. Not sure how I missed that but have been trying to get the Ugly Stik Catfish for a few months and finally got 1 with free shipping.
Found a better picture and some specs of the rods.
I seen there selling the 8ft casting rod at Academy but there picture is wrong.
The spinning rod is the right picture but it's out of stock.
Thanks Stacee I don't shop around much so I miss a lot of the catalogs and deals and new products. So I appreciate you bringing this to my attention.

·
Registered
KY, USA
166 Posts

tight lines
Thank you Tom. This is awesome. Also...I am rooting for those vendors to increase your percentage of the profits!!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Just an idea, but we should have a thread on here when the time comes where people can post what those deal codes are. I hope to catch some of the conference, but with work I will likely miss some of it. I may order some stuff though if the price is right.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just an idea, but we should have a thread on here when the time comes where people can post what those deal codes are. I hope to catch some of the conference, but with work I will likely miss some of it. I may order some stuff though if the price is right.
I’d be willing to do that if I see a deal. I’m looking for a new bumping rod but I’m torn between buying now or waiting to see if I can get a deal at conference. If I wait til the conference and miss the deal codes the rod guys might be out of stock for awhile I fear. I have off work that weekend so if I see a deal code I will post it. Can’t watch my phone all day though with 4 little kids so if others see a deal I hope they pass it on too.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Brad, how did your season go with the Ugly Stik Catfish rod? What you expected?
It was good, I am very happy. Although it was not my first season with them. I had used them for various projects over the years and started using them 2 years ago. Last year was the first "official" season with them.

One thing that I realized last year is I actually like the 7' and I typically don't like that short. I liked the action on a circle hook a little better especially on smaller fish. It still had the back bone for anything I threw at it.

·
Registered
979 Posts
The other day I got finally got a couple of the new Ugly Stik Catfish Special rods so they are indeed a real thing. They look really cool, feel just like an Ugly Stik Catfish and I am sure they will stand up and perform about the same as well. They do look very sharp with the 6500 Catfish Special Abu reel. I will be catfishing in a couple weeks when the northern river warms up.

167595329_10157766589577341_110692636174717062_n.jpg 167659586_10157766589582341_7842371604444849534_n.jpg

1 - 20 of 30 Posts