New truck

Discussion in '4X4 Truck Talk and Repairs' started by rzrbk24, Nov 7, 2007.

1. rzrbk24

rzrbk24 New Member

State:
    Pope Air Force Base, NC
    Got me a new truck last week. I took my old one(03 Silverado single cab 2wd) in for some warranty work and I started lookin at the new Z71's. They sure were pretty but too much cash for my budget. I've been wanting a new truck anyway. I really needed at least an extended cab for the kids and a 4wd to get to some of my huntin spots on Ft Bragg. Well I was walkin around the lot and found this 05 F150 for $20k. Only had 29K miles on it. It's an FX4 extended cab with a toolbox, side steps and Flowmasters already on it. Before they could finish the work on my Silverado I already signed the paperwork on this truck. I've always hated Fords, but I'm gonna miss that Chevy:tounge_out:. Well, I'm gonna miss the gas mileage!!

Attached Files:

2. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Must be nice... Congrats...

3. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    That's entirely too purdy ta take hunting.
    :smile2:

4. rzrbk24

rzrbk24 New Member

State:
    Pope Air Force Base, NC
    It ain't like I'm gonna take it through the woods. I just need it to get down the sandy firebreaks where my 2wd wouldn't go. I'll admit that I have put it in a few mudholes already.

5. bigBB

bigBB Member

State:
    St.Louis, MO
    congrats on the truck.. i just did about the same thing on an 06 f150.. having them fix a couple of minor things and should be good to pick up tomorrow.. can't wait.

6. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    awww man, how could you do that. go from a chevy to a ford. i guess all of us have our shortcommings. lol

7. rzrbk24

rzrbk24 New Member

State:
    Pope Air Force Base, NC

I don't know what I was thinking either. My grandfather worked for GM and he's probably turning in his grave right now!! This is a really nice truck though. I especially like the higher ground clearance it has over the Chevy's but the gas mileage is terrible. I know it's to be expected from a big 4x4 but I didn't think it was this bad. I haven't gone through a full tank yet so I don't know what the mpg really is. The sticker says it's supposed to be 14 city 19 hwy but i'm not so sure.

8. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    I'd be interested in knowing your gas milage. I have been kicking the idea of a new truck around for a while now. I'm thinking 2008 might be the year. Anyway I am going to be looking at the fuel milage really close. I had even thought of diesel, but I'm not sure of anything yet, just looking. I am a Ford man, and that is a nice looking truck. Later Andy

9. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    good looking truck.next time you drive threw foot bragg and pass the 508th.tip your hat and think of me.by the way if you can find a topo map of the post you will see a small creek out by one of the jump zones.find the dam and fish below it i caught some nice cats there in the early 60s.

10. rzrbk24

rzrbk24 New Member

State:
    Pope Air Force Base, NC
    I know the exact spot your talking about. I'm actually gonna deer hunt that area just as soon as they open it up. BTW, thanks for your service and whereabouts you from in arkansas? I'm from jacksonville