new toys

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by Wil, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    im lookin to buy a few new decoys for the upcoming spring season and ive narrowed it down to two choices.

the first one is the feather flex love triangle set up. they look great and have a 4.8 review on the bass pro website but they are made out of foam and the last foam decoys i had did not stay in shape.. the head kept floppin over and they ripped. anyone have the love triangle and would be willin to share some experience?
    like: http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/s...001&langId=-1&partNumber=45659&cmCat=WISHLIST

the second one is the delta turkey decoys. i have the feeding hen one of these and it works pretty well. they are however a little more expensive. the only problems ive heard is that the paint sometimes peels off the heads. does have these decoys and would b willin to share?
    link: http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...h/search-box.jsp.form1&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1

i need help here guys idk what to get.

2. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Hey Wil! I have the Delta decoys in a jake and hen version. They work great for me and fold up nicely in my backpack. I haven't had an issue with the paint peeling off the head or any where else on the body. To me they're definently worth the money.

Good luck this spring! Hope you bag a nice bearded Tom with the bow!!

3. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    thanks for the info brother, ill keep that in mind!

4. spcmitchell28

spcmitchell28 New Member

State:
    Polo, Missouri
    I also have the Delta Jake and Hen, and I havent had any problems with them, but I have only used them for one season, so I couldnt tell you about the wear and tear on them yet. I also have a couple inflatable hens that work great and look the most realistic to me.

5. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    ya ive always heard good things about inflatables. a buddy of mine uses them quite a bit and is always havin to buy more of the jake ones cuz of the spur holes punched in them:smile2:

6. spcmitchell28

spcmitchell28 New Member

State:
    Polo, Missouri
    Lol, thats a problem that I can definately deal with :smile2:. I havent let them get that close before, but this year will probly be a first cuz I am trying to tag one with my bow this year.

7. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    i hear ya there brother! lookin to get my first one with stick and string this year

8. BassCat

BassCat New Member

State:
    NC
    ive got the feather flex, there light, durable, and pretty tough, I have had problems with the neck flopping over, but mainly just after Ive had the stored all folded up in my vest for a year, Mine are going on 4 years old now, Im thinking about getting the b mobile jake and hen decoy, they look pretty good.

9. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    thanks brother ill keep that in mind!

10. DIESELkat

DIESELkat New Member

State:
    PA
    I have a Feather-Flex also. Its a hen, so there really isnt much paint to chip off. Its an older one, but its worked for me so I never really had a need to change. It also has a few BB holes but is still goin strong. I think Im going to finally get a new set this year myself though. I like the idea of being able to put a real tail and wings on the birds, and I just happen to have some tails already fanned out. I found a bird this winter that became coyote poop so I now have a set of wings too.

Cabelas has a deal right now on the Pretty boy AND Pretty girl set that also comes with a carry bag and a DVD for only $10 more than the B-mobile gobbler. Just to let ya know.

11. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    i thnk im goin with the feather flex decoys. from what ive heard they work well and are 10 bucks cheaper than the delta ones so hopefully i can an old longbeard to do the crappie flop from an arrow goin through him! haha