New toy.

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by SSgt Fishslayer, Oct 29, 2007.

1. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    well my wife went to BPS in Vegas this past weekend and come home with a present for me. she picked up a Abu Ambasseduer 6600C4, complete with bait clicker and everything. boy am i excited about it. now i just have to find a good rod to put it on.

2. shovelheadfanatic1

shovelheadfanatic1 New Member

State:
    ohio
    i have that same reel but i use a 10 foot ugly stix from bass pro shop. the reel and rod was 95 dollars but love the setup and can reel in a hog:big_smile:

3. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    SGT, I had two of them and still have one ( long Story lol). You will love that reel. It throws great and the faster retreive will save you some terminal tackle in the stumps. I have it mounted on an 8 ft. rod and use it in tournaments. Caught a 21.92 lb. blue on it yesterday. On the bigger fish you will need to use the rod more on the retreive, even though it's faster it doesn't have the cranking power of the lower geared reels.

4. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Man...the only thing i get from the wife is 9 kinds of @#@#@ :eek:oooh::smile2:. I know the story on Johnny's "missing reel" too. :tounge_out: There good reels. I got a 6600 c3 and it is fine. I recently went back to my Big ABU's and 10ft rods when i made the "switch" to circle hooks. not sure why.....but it works really well and i got some serious cranking and casting abilities with the bigger set up. Enjoy that new reel for a lifetime......:big_smile:

5. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Send her back to Vegas maybe she will bring you the other half:wink::roll_eyes::wink:

6. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    there is no way i am sending her back to vegas by herself again. i love her to death, but i havent even been to the BPS there and she went and took all of these cool pictures. the greeneyed monster has gotten ahold of me. anyway i was thinking about putting it on a nice 9 ft rod. any good rods out there that you can suggest that arent going to cost me an arm and a leg. i need to order 3 of them since i have 2 new 550C3's coming in the mail that i got on Ebay.

7. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I bought a shakesphere that has been prety good,I do not use it alot because I fish out of the boat most of the time and the boat is only 15ft.... but when bank fishin It is nice,I think I only spent around 35 or 40 bucks fer it...

8. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages

Joey, I'll give you a tip. If you plan on going to BPS here in Vegas, go online first and check out what ya want and print out the page. I've got some great deals that way.

9. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    I have two of those reels,I like the blue and gold color. They have worked great for me. i have them on two BPS Catmaxx two piece 9 ft rods.:big_smile:

10. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Excellent reel - I bet you are going to love it!

11. Zebco 33

Zebco 33 New Member

State:
    Illinois

I don't want to start anything, but.....have you ever seen those Vegas commercials? The ones that say," what happens here stays here,"?

But I guess you are ok with just a reel. Now if she comes back with a complete rig and tackle box, worry! LOL

Jerry

12. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    lol yea i dont think id let my wife go without me:eek:oooh: