New Toy!! Lowerance LMS-522c iGPS

Discussion in 'Fish Finder Review and Study' started by catfishcentral, Feb 16, 2007.

1. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    I finally plunked down the money for a new fishfinder the other day. I can't wait to toss the old Eagle X75. This is pretty much the same unit as a LMS-334c iGPS just the newest version. Anyway to my question I know that a lot of you guys have some of these newer color units and I've heard you can tell the difference between a scale fish from a non scale fish. I have a hard time believing this but wanted to know what I should look for on my sonar.

Thanks

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC

3. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Let me know how it works I am buyng one this week and I was going for the x520c for around 650 hope its worth it.

4. jsharper

jsharper New Member

State:
    TX
    Some say you can, others say you can't. It makes sense to me that scaled fish would reflect a little stronger signal that catfish. There are lots of guys that locate a cat, set up and catch it. One told me that you would have yellow on the fish arc with scaled fish and red ( less reflection) on catfish if your colorline and sensitivity were set just right. Myself, I think that I fish for tree limbs most of the time, at least they are easy to catch, but hard to land.

Jim

5. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    So how you liking the 522c ?

I'm close to getting my pennies put together and hoping to buy one soon.. I was all set to pick up a LMS-339 last year, but as usual, something came up.. So I now starting to look into upgrade my X25 (DOH) again...

6. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    How do you like the 522C, now that you've had it a while.. I just about got my pennies saved up.. Was all set to pick up a LMS-339 last year, but as usual, something came up.. So I'm just now starting to look around and so far 522C is high on my list....

7. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    I've really enjoyed the new fishfinder. There's lots to learn and still learning to use every option. My old unit was pretty much only good for depth and seeing some structure. I

8. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    I just bought the same unit...just food for thought...

I was lucky I had the x-125. I found out the 522c. igps uses the same connections as the 125.

I am going to probably take mine back and get the one with the ext.antenna so the signal is not blocked with the stereo I have above it.

does anybody have any feed back on the other program cards (detailed maps) that are available.

I have heard feedback Navionoics is best but i am searching for opinions.

thanks,