new top

Discussion in 'Boat Modification Journal' started by fishmonster13, Oct 29, 2009.

1. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 New Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    well finally got around to making a top for my boat . i already had the frame it just needed a little work was missing a few brackets and one piece of tubing. i picked up the brackets off ebay and got a piece of aluminum tubing from speedymetals. for the actual canvas top i used a canvas tarp from harbor frieght thats supposed to be water repellant, we'll see about that saturday possibly. i then got a bunch of snaps from home depot and put it all together and now i have a top and didn't have to sew nothin

Attached Files:

2. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    looks servicable to me. good job

3. catwhisper

catwhisper New Member

State:
    georgia
    nice job, now time to enjoy it :smile2:

4. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 New Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    i've had a chance to use it a lttle bit but i don't know yet how it handles the rain, but it certainly keeps the wind off

5. Looks good buddy. A little propane coleman heater under that sucker will be nice too, that top will help hold the heat in.:wink:

6. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 New Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    i've got a propane top heater works pretty good , i've got some clear material that i may make a back out of to really seal the heat in:big_smile:

7. Just watch the fumes and the plastic near that heat. I use a Coleman ceramic propane and top tank mount circular burner heaters.