New tool to help our search

Discussion in 'LOCAL MICHIGAN TALK' started by uapipefitter, Jun 5, 2008.

1. uapipefitter

uapipefitter New Member

State:
    potterville,mi
    Hey, michigan cat'ters I got to looking thru the DNR website and have found the master angler awards givin' out each year in our state for every fish we have. This includes catfish of course, both channels and flats. So I'm going thru it and find a small lake that is two miles from my house with a thirty one inch channel registered. Holy what the? I drive by this park everyday and don't give it two thoughts. I have taken my girls there to fish for those hook stripping, two inch bluegills,and catch flathead bait for the maple, but never thought that I may be taken bait out when I should be putting bait in attached to a hook n line. Then I continue to go thru this dnr site and also found the fish stockings thru out the state and low and behold they have planted my small park pond with over two thousand channels in the eight inch range 10 years ago. That would make'em pretty big now if they have been feasting on those little bluegills all this time. The website address is www.michigan.gov/dnr. Under fishing you'll find the master angler awards, scroll down a little farther and under on-line services you'll find fish stockings. I think this would be a great tool to find new waters to fish, what they hit on and the time the bite was on and the day which is all listed under the fish caught. You can also print off an application for a master angler fish here too. I'm going to that small little pond this evening with a new fire in my belly. I'll give you guys a posting tomorrow tell'ya how I do.:big_smile:

2. eyeguy

eyeguy New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Thanks for the info about DNR site and catfish being stocked. I am new to catfishing and need all the help I can get and if I can find fish holding water close to home that will be great.
    eyeguy

3. uapipefitter

uapipefitter New Member

State:
    potterville,mi
    Anytime Mike, we all need the help. I believe that anything to do with the search of game, weather it be deer, ducks, or catfish, we can all learn something from each others outtings and run-ins. I believe thats what makes the outdoors so much fun. Just when you think you have it figured out something changes and throws a wrench in to it and you have to start all over.

4. ROYDOG

ROYDOG New Member

State:
    Charlotte, Mich
    hey pipefitter.

that is a perfect example on how this site works....
    thank you very much for that post...i have only been on here for a few days and i have to be honest i have learned more in those few days than in a few years of trial and error.....THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....ROY

5. uapipefitter

uapipefitter New Member

State:
    potterville,mi
    Any time Roy. Hey if you haven't yet, check out the members library. WOW lots and lots of info and some very ingenious ideas out there to help you in your pursuit.