New to tounament fishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by Scaley Cat, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Scaley Cat

Scaley Cat Member

State:
    Missouri
    I came across this sight looking for near by tournaments to fish or just to talk fishing. Can you guys help me out.

2. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    What part of the state are you from? I am from the St.Louis area, and right now, there isn't much to choose from except for some local, good ole' boy type tourneys. You might want to check out the tournament section. The KC guys have a club, and they have several tourneys. Just make sure you are talking about a "Partership in Catfishing" tournament organization, or your posts will be deleted my the mods.

3. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Ralph, welcome to the BOC and to tournament fishing. Check out the missouri section, as stated the KC guys have some good tournaments.

4. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    First I want to Welcome you to the BOC. Great place to hang out.
    Don't know what part of the state your from but we have a good ol boys garthering every Aug here at the Louisiana,Mo river front. Usually have a pretty good turn out of BOC members show up.Keep checking the Mo section you'll find some .Don'tknow about this late in the year though.
    Again WELCOME TO THE BOC!!:0a25::0a25::0a25:

5. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Thanks Gary, John and Johnny for helping our new member.
    The partners in catfishing program works. Those that choose to participate are seeing the benefit in their tournaments.

Look here for tournaments local to you that are Partners in Catfishing with the BOC.
    http://www.catfish1.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=267

6. Scaley Cat

Scaley Cat Member

State:
    Missouri
    I live in DeSoto, Missouri. I grew up in Festus

7. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Heck, you live not too far from me. There are alot of other BOC'ers from this area. If you run the river alot, no doubt that we have probably seen each other out there. I usually launch at either Plattin Rock boat club or at Truman Access. Welcome to the BOC.

8. Scaley Cat

Scaley Cat Member

State:
    Missouri
    Im out there every weekend or any day I get off work early. I was at Plattin Rock boat club today to find out how to join but no one was there. I normally put in at Truman.

9. Scaley Cat

Scaley Cat Member

State:
    Missouri
    Gary, I got your IM but I don't have enough posts to IM you back. I drive a black Jeep Cherokee practically welded to a 17' Lowe with a 70 hp evinrude.

10. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Ralph, welcome to the site.
    You are well on your way to finding out what the BOC is all about.
    Brothers helping brothers and making new lifelong friendships.
    Go ahead and plan to make the national gathering next September.
    The date and place are set in stone but its going to take us better then a year to plan for this event.
    We had somewhere around 250 people attend last year and next year we are expecting that number to multiply several times.

11. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    I think I have talked to you at Truman before. Right now, I have a grey weld-tek with a 70hp Yamaha, which I am trying to get rid of. I may be out on the water Friday.

12. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    You hitting the river early or late on Friday Gary?

13. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    I don't know yet. Vince was wanting me to take him out, but we haven't really talked about it. I wouldn't mind chasing after some flatheads.

14. Scaley Cat

Scaley Cat Member

State:
    Missouri
    Mark J, thank you for the invite, I hope I can make it.

15. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    I've only done that once or twice that I can remember...sounds like fun

16. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Ralph. Good to have you aboard. Watch out for those east side guys, they'll hi-jack your threads into a lead melting forum if you don't watch em.:wink:
    Check out he Kansas City Catfish tournaments, they have a few scheduled yet I believe.
    Dont think the one you mentioned is a partner here on the BOC yet, only effect would be you just cant post about it unless they are.

17. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    'Ol Vinny needs to get his "Imaginary Boat" finished! Maybe it's like the Flying Dutchman's Ship ( the dutchman on SpongeBob Squarepants, those of you with kids know what I'm talking about ) It's a ghostly green and floats around in the garage!

18. Vince Copple

Vince Copple New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Ralph, welcome to the Sport of Catfishing! Feel free to ask what ever questions that you think will help you. Have fun with our Sport and See ya on the Water.////
    Vince Copple
    TeamWhiskers

19. Vince Copple

Vince Copple New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Originally Posted by gmvk30
    I don't know yet. Vince was wanting me to take him out, but we haven't really talked about it. I wouldn't mind chasing after some flatheads.
    'Ol Vinny needs to get his "Imaginary Boat" finished! Maybe it's like the Flying Dutchman's Ship ( the dutchman on SpongeBob Squarepants, those of you with kids know what I'm talking about ) It's a ghostly green and floats around in the garage!

Do you really think you can handle a ride in the Invisi Ghost Rider???? It is a Legend already of this this new Ghost rider on the Water that has never been seen... Can ya handle it??? LOL.. Its Loud, Brassy and will make a statement..... Guess that is what TeamWhiskers is all about!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Welcome and i feel sure that you'll be pleased here. Tons of info coming from some of the nicest folks i never met. jf