New to this site and catfishing on the Mississippi River

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by pecvillian, Aug 16, 2009.

1. pecvillian

pecvillian New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hi all.
    My name is Ron.
    I grew and lived most my life in a small town in Northern Illinois. I spent most of my fishing time catfishing on the Pecatonica River. Man I could catch catfish on that river any time day or night.
    I moved to Fulton, Illinois about three years ago and have been fishing on the Mississippi River.
    I have really been struggling to find any good catfish spots on this river. Anybody have any advice for catfishing on the Mississippi? :confused2:

2. JOEcatter

JOEcatter New Member

State:
    davenport iowa
    Not sure of what area fulton is in, but lock 14 on the illinios side is supposed to be full of cats from what Ive heard

3. pecvillian

pecvillian New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Fulton is just a couple miles south of lock 13

4. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Down here around the areas in and around Memphis have some nice catches.. :cool2:

5. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Ron.

6. littleman

littleman Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    Welcome to the BOC!!

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Ron Welcome to the Brotherhood. :0a23::0a25::0a25:

8. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hi Ron! Welcome to the Brotherhood of Catfishermen family. We're glad to have you! :big_smile:

9. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Welcome Ron!

UNfortunately, I cannot help you at all with rivers. I might be able to help you with Baldwin Lake... as that seems to be the only lake that I feel comfortable in calling my 'home lake'.

Best of luck!

10. catinaldatime

catinaldatime New Member

State:
    Girard, IL
  11. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Can't help you on your question but sure can say :0a25:to the B.O.C.Family.
    Just don't give up.If you live that close to a dam you should have pretty good fishing I'd think.

12. John(Bullhead)Hagen

John(Bullhead)Hagen New Member

State:
    ILLinois
    :smile2:Welcome and good fishing.If you have a boat you will have no problem catching fish where you are.We had a trailer up at Savanna for a while.In the spring fish the back water with leeches worms and as it warms up dip tubes on a float.Then at summer switch to shad chubs or asian carp chunks and remember up there you dont need a lot of bait on your hook.Fish just off the main channel on the tips of the down river side of the islands.Also when river is up a little fish the stump fields that are submerged.You can get a map from the core of engeneers for the Miss. and i feel it is well worth the cost .I have one for the upper and lower Miss and the IL. rivers. Good Luck and God Bless