New To this area of Texas

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by GoinFishin, Jan 16, 2006.

1. GoinFishin

GoinFishin New Member

Howdy yall,
    Moved to the San Antonio area not long ago and I'm trying to learn about the lakes in this region. Being retired I like to fish during the week when the lakes are not so crowded. I like fishing for cats, but I also fish for other species. If anyone is up to fishing drop me a line.

2. Aquacat

Aquacat New Member

State:
    Sherman, Texas
    GoinFishin, welcome to the BOC! Lots of great people and information! Hey, can you fill out your profile for us that makes us all fill more like friends. This is not your typical chat room. We are the brotherhood!

3. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    Welcome to the board Goinfishin

4. Leakyboat

Leakyboat New Member

GoinFishin,
    Welcome to the BOC,Brother!
    Ernie

5. nathan king

nathan king New Member

State:
    vernon tx
    welcome to the BOC goinfishin hope to see ya on the water,,, by the way youll love the site.

6. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Welcome and Howdy to the BOC, ya will find all the info ya need right here. Glad to see a New Texas Boy on here.

7. edward361

edward361 New Member

State:
    Shiner Tex
    Welcome to BOC. and San Antonio.

8. GoinFishin

GoinFishin New Member

Thanks for all the welcomes.... The site does look good. I was in hopes of locating someone in this area to fish with. By mid next month I'll have a new boat and will be ready to go....

9. Bigun

Bigun New Member

State:
    Burnet, TX
    GoinFishin, welcome to the BOC! My favorite place to fish is Choke Canyon Lake which is about 75 miles south of San Antonio at Three Rivers. We normally spend most of the winter there. It is normally 10 degrees warmer there than here in Burnet which is 100 miles north of San Antonio. This year has been one pressing thing after another. The lake is rough when the wind gets up but it a good catfish lake. Check it out. It is probably going to be another couple of weeks before we go back down there.

10. jstall

jstall New Member

State:
    Gary Texas
    Welcome Goinfishin: When I was young, and that has been several years ago we fished the Gaudalupe river out of Gonzales. We caught loads of catfish. Cannels and Ops. We used Hellgermite(sp), perch and grasshoppers. We would take a light into a field at night and you could rake grasshopers off your legs but the thousands. Hellgermites, we would hold a seine across a gravel bar and rake the rocks in front of the net. If you ever get to fish this river let me know how you do. I am sure it is still great catfishing.
    Good fishing!
    Joseph

11. el-de-saspamco

el-de-saspamco New Member

State:
    Saspamco,Texas
    I fish Calaveras and Bruanig lakes alot by myself and sometimes my son or wife joy me, but am always looking for someone to go with.

Ruben

12. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Welcome to the BOC David , and Rueben. My son lives in Beeville Texas, and fishes for cats in the Choke Caynon lake. He also fishes the river that runs through Three rivers Texas, i cant recall the name of the river, but i fish it when i go down to visit. Ive caught some really nice channel cat out of the river. Below the spillway in Three Rivers is a great place to castnet for bait-fish.

13. allworknofish

allworknofish New Member

State:
    texas
    wantin to enjoy some fishin huh? if your up for some awsome catfishing and just a few miles away some great inshore saltwater fishing, make your way down to bay city and ill be glad to give you a little hook setting company. fishing is hard to beat in this area...drop me a line sometime