New to the site Help me please before i pull all my hair out

Discussion in 'Homemade baits' started by bipolarguy, Sep 22, 2008.

1. bipolarguy

bipolarguy New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hello to all of you im new to the site and i have a big problem.I live by a city power plant on the James river it uses the water then returns it to the lake so it stays warm year round.It is packed with pan size channels and alot of good size flatheads and alot of big big carp.Hears my problem,the pan size cats are getting very hard to catch being that ther is a large amount of fishing pressure.Everyone is over using the same baits such as shrimp,livers,and all the store bought stuff,and being that BassPro Shops main store is here don't help either.So does any one have a good dough bait recipe to use for channels that have alot of fishing pressureon them?.Also a good carp bait recipe my standard one with wheaties is not working either because everyones using that to.I could really use some help here.Also i do get stuff at wholesale because i have a retail license so that might help.OH also looking for fishing buddy i live in springfield MO.Thanks a bunch,hope to get to know some of you out there good fishing and good luck.:eek:oooh:

2. thecatman

thecatman New Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    well i have an excellent carp bait recipe that never fails and it is by far the best bait i have ever used to catch carp as far as those channels i have used junnies cattracker with very good success and most people dont have that bait and it stays on the hook very well hope this helps

heres the carp bait recipe
    flour
    big-red the soda

mix the two together into a nice doughy substance and hold on

3. deadly_legend

deadly_legend New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    well if they dont sell it there, i would recomend sonny's blood formula for channels, it works wonders for me, so if its not there, you should give it a shot:smile2: and welcome to the BOC Kevin

4. BIGCAT GarryEads

BIGCAT GarryEads Head Cheese of the USCA!

State:
    Francisco Ind
    Kevin welcome to the BOC .

BIGCAT GarryEads

5. BIGCAT GarryEads

BIGCAT GarryEads Head Cheese of the USCA!

State:
    Francisco Ind
    Kevin, call Jeff @Team Catfish and get some S-SEVEN ,@1-866-HOOKSET, It,s GOOD

6. loop

loop New Member

State:
    Newkirk,Oklahom
    First the carp bait, go to a local day old bakery and get a package of Cinnimon Rolls then get a can of cream corn mash the rolls and the cream corn together a little at a time to make dough.Have caught channel onthis too.
    Best advise on the Channel bait is get some of Jeff's (Team Catfish) Secert 7he's a sponcer here.This site is full of excellent reviews on his bait and its new on the market so i doubt anyone else will be using it.
    Loop

7. bipolarguy

bipolarguy New Member

State:
    Missouri
    thanks for the info i'll give them a try.

8. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Kevin, welcome to the BOC/SOC :cool2:, best catfishing site on the web! Be sure to check out the library, a lot of good info in there.

Another vote for the secret 7 bait here :cool2:, blues and channel cats will absolutely hammer this bait.

9. colten

colten Member

State:
    Texas
    I real good bait for both channels and carp is to take a loaf of white bread and take off the crust. Pour a little big red soda or strawberry soda on it and mix it up. The fish love it. :wink:

10. jstall

jstall New Member

State:
    Gary Texas
    Welcome to BOC, have you changed the depth you are fishing. I know channels are bottom feeders but they do not alway feed on the bottom. IF you have not, try at different depths.

11. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Welcome to the BOC, Kevin!
    bill in SC

12. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Kevin, Welcome to the BOC pal! You have come to the right place for information about catfishing. The library is a great place to start and asking questions, that will get answers, is the other. I hope the brotherhood increases your catch rate 100 fold.

I agree with Bill about fishing other depths. Look in the BOC sponsor section and got to www.wildwolfproducts.com and consider getting some of the cat bobbers. I have had amazing results with fishing different depths when the bite is slow. Hope this helps and keep trying.