New to the Illinois area....

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by thegavel, Jun 20, 2006.

1. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    AND GOING STIR CRAZY....

Today while out exploring the area around Ravenswood neighborhood in Chicago I found a small baitshop with a for sale sign on the door. Should have been my first clue, but the owner was disrespectful and as I tried to ask questions he continuously tried to make me look stupid. Not a good first fishing story...

I did manage to get him to tell me about a place where I can access the river at kedsie and foster? river park or something like that... ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS??

Anyone looking for a fishing partner?

ANY ADVICE?

Praying the BOC can help me!!!

2. LarryW

LarryW New Member

State:
    Abbeville Louisiana
    Welcome to the BOC. It sounds like he dosnt want to sell his shop too much and I think I can understand why he wants to sell if his atitude is always that way

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

you hit the nail on the head rude people will never get my money. WELCOME to the BOC I am sure if you hang on a while someone will get to your message and help out. These guys are great and will always help anyone they can.

4. vegasryder

vegasryder New Member

State:
    illinois
    Thats just a couple of blocks west of Swedish Covenant Hospital.I dont know the exact area where you can fish,but that river looks dirty and i wouldnt wanna eat anything i catch from there.One of these weekends i we can meet at the Fox River if your up to it in St.Charles.I shore fish so i only know of a couple of decent spots.It`s about 1hr to 1hr15min from your location.