New to the BOC fishing the Missouri River

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by riverrat62, Jul 29, 2006.

1. riverrat62

riverrat62 New Member

State:
    St joseph missouri
    Would like to know if any of you brothers fish the missouri River from Atchision KS to White Cloud Ks and if the fish are biteing and what they are biteing on.

Thanks for all the help:big_smile:

2. LarryW

LarryW New Member

State:
    Abbeville Louisiana
    Welcome to the BOC. Not from your area so can not help you there but am sure some of the local brothers will help you out.

3. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    Welcome to the BOC. I'm pretty sure that another BOC brother just wrote a thread about how he wasn't doing very well on the missouri. He said he was using live bluegill shrimp and some other things. I hope someone can help you out!

4. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Welcome to the BOC Randy Im sure you are going to love the site.I fish the Missouri Up river from you between Omaho Neb and Souix City Iowa. And the last month and a half its been perty slow but the cats have been on the spawn. but I was talking to one of my Friends that fishes the same strech of river and last thursday he took one Flat that weighed #29 pounds so they should start picking up the bite shortly. July is always TOUGH uo here in this part of the Woods Good Luck now and Jump in there and use the site OK.J.D.Straka :big_smile:

5. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    Welcome to the BOC alot of info here!

6. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Welcome to the BOC, always great to have another new member.

7. Mocathunter

Mocathunter New Member

State:
    St. Joseph, Missouri
    I live up in St. Joe, and fish the strectch you are referencing. I fish alot down towards Leavenworht also. Been fishing from just north of Atchison up to the Nodaway the past 10 days. We've been doing alright, not huge numbers, and no monsters recently. They are hitting the skipjack and mackeral pretty decent when they are hitting. My cousin has been using shrimp tipped with a crawler and getting decent numbers of channels, and small flatties occassionally. I have pretty much just been chasin' blues. Hope this helps answer your question, and welcome to the BOC, great people and knowledge on this website, you should like it.

8. bigcatmaniac

bigcatmaniac New Member

State:
    California Miss
    they are hitting on small bullheads, and creek chubs at times just north of where u mentioned

9. Greg32

Greg32 New Member

State:
    Northeast Kansas
    I've been getting flats and blues on bullhead & bluegill both live and cut from Atchison north 6 to 10 miles. The best times seem to be after dark until 2 or 3 am. Must like the cooler temps I guess.

10. riverrat62

riverrat62 New Member

State:
    St joseph missouri
    Thanks for all the info and best of Luck to you and all the other BOC brothers out there!
    If you ever want to get together and go fishing send me a PM or send me a message on one of my Threads

thanks alot, have a great Day

11. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    Welcome to the BOC Randy.

12. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Welcome to the BOC the best catfishing site on the net!