New to the boc fishing clendening lake this week-end

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Bigcat1, Aug 29, 2006.

1. Bigcat1

Bigcat1 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Im fishing Clendening Lake this week-end anybody know a good spot for some flatheads?Whats a good bait i use chicken liver and live bluegill?I will be fishing off the bank

2. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Welcome to the BOC, Sounds like you have the right baits to catch those frisky Flats. Good Luck

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I have fished it one time and we fished under a bridge out there.

Brian may chime in, he fishes it way more then me.

4. catfishn72

catfishn72 New Member

State:
    WhEELING,WEST VIRGINIA
    welcome to the boc try some creek chubs or sukers, i would still use the bluegills to good luck to ya.

5. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Welcome to the BOC Mike!!

6. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Welcome to the BOC. Bluegill should be a pretty good bait for heads.

7. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    i would try some tiger shrimp to it seems to be good stuff.

8. joeczar

joeczar New Member

State:
    Parma, Ohio
    I have not been there in years, my cousin and I used to go there alot. We never caught a flathead but did good on Channel cats.
    We used to fish off of 799 not far past the marina. If you where looking at the Clendening map I think it was around the bridge by Brushy Fork Bay. I would try under the bridge or a little after the bridge is a point where you used to be able to park on and fish there. You have the right baits we would fish with no sinkers on our line and just throw the bait out as far as we could. We learned a trick from a couple of guys fishing under the bridge one night. They would throw out their line fishing with the bail open they would put a few stones in the bottom of a beer or a pop can. They would put the line over the tab of the can. When a fish starts to run it will tip the can over and the stones make a rattling sound. It is a good fish alarm it will even wake you up if you are dozing off.
    Good Luck let us know how you do
    Joe

9. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    You can try to fish the bridges on 799. Try casting straight out from the corners.....it will put you close to the channel edge. Lots of flatties are caught out there, but haven't been hearing about any lately. If you know where Chaney's Rock area is, that is a good place to try also. Gill's are great baits to try at the lakes, but chubs and goldfish will also do you good. I would recommend you bringing goldfish with you though not buying them at the local bait shop if you use them:roll_eyes: Let me know when you will be out there, I might be heading there myself.

10. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Welcome to the BOC!!!

11. bigcatJoe

bigcatJoe New Member

State:
    indiana
    Wecome to boc sounds like you got the right bait.

12. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Welcome to the BOC brother! Sounds like you're getting some awesome advice......

Kenny

13. tcba1987

tcba1987 New Member

State:
    Dennison, Ohio
    i think the baits youve been told are the right choices, i would use strictly creek chubs as big as you can get. the 799 bridges are a good area and try fishing the corner back in by the boat ramp off of st rt 799. ive heard its shallow but a creek channel runs near the bank back in there and holds good fish. ive fished clendening 6-8 times this summer for flatties and havent landed one myself, however a good fishing buddy i met out there (BILL) has caught some big ones over 40 lbs. he uses BIG bluegills only for bait and spends the entire night on the big bridge off of 799, he fishes right over the side of the bridge and casts near the marker bouy thats out a little from the bridge. Let me know how you do !!! Good Luck !!! i mainly catch channels at the lakes , im not a lake flattie guy, i can catch a few on the Tusc River though :roll_eyes:

14. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hi Mike! Welcome to the Brotherhood of Catfishermen family. We're glad to have you!

15. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    Welcome to the BOC and havent fished in Ohio to much except in 7 mile creek by dayton.

16. Bigcat1

Bigcat1 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Ehanks for all the tips ill be out Friday night will let everyone know how i did.

17. BigCatSteve

BigCatSteve New Member

State:
    Huber Heights,Ohio
    Welcome to the BOC sound like you got the right bait.you want to try crushing your bluegills and throwing them on bottom has always worked for me.