New To The BOC And The Cumderland River

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE RIVERS TALK' started by catman47, Dec 8, 2008.

1. catman47

catman47 New Member

State:
    ky
    Hello, I have only been a member for a short time but really like it. I have fished the cumberland down around Ashlandcity, but would like to try up around Hendersonville or Clarksville. I live in Ky. about 2 hours from Tenn. any good places to start.? My first trip ended me with a fight of a 35 pounder and a few smaller ones. I am hooked on blue catfishing. Thanks for any and all info. James [catman47]

2. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Welcome to the "Brotherhood" from Indiana, James. Glad to have ya, hope you enjoy being a member.

3. catman47

catman47 New Member

State:
    ky
    Thanks [BEAR] I am sure it will be a blast. James

4. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Ditto what Barry said. Check out the Cumberland City bash thread...W

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Welcome to the Boc, this site is full of good info and great people

6. vaccouple

vaccouple New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Welcome to the BOC James.

Orrin

7. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Welcome, post offten, I bet you end up with a few new fishin buddies.
    smokey

8. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Welcome to your new home!!!! rollo

9. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    welcome to the club, lots of great people willing ta help out, can't wait ta see some pics of those big blues:wink:

10. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    tell us more about your trip

11. catman47

catman47 New Member

State:
    ky
    Well Catoon, A buddy and myself heard of big cats being caught down around ashlandcity up above the dam, so we made plans and went down there. We had no idae of what to do, bait, where to fish or even how to really fish for the blues. So we headed to the dam meet a really nice guy who helped us with getting some shad. The next day really early headed out in my ugly boat[painted as a zebra] and went on the hunt. Found a deep hole off a rock bluff baited up, poured up some coffee , lite a smoke and the wait was on, an hour later my buddy noticed i had a bite turned around and pole was bent pretty good ,pulled up on it and the fight was on 35 pounder finally can to top and we was hooked on the blues. Fished 2 more days caught a bunch more blues. So there it is HOOKED ON BLUE CATS. James

12. getthenet

getthenet New Member

State:
    ohio
    welcome to the boc

13. rythymroach

rythymroach New Member

State:
    United States
    Welcome bro from Illinois! the BOC is the bomb.

14. tennessee blues

tennessee blues New Member

State:
    Fort Bragg, North Carolina
    James, welcome aboard. I live and fish down in Santee Cooper Country now but lived in Clarksville for about 10 years. I've fished most every inch of the Cumberland from Lake Barkley to Lock C. My favorite areas have always been the 10 mile stretch from Bumpus Mills to Dover and a mile upstream from Cumberland City (near the ferry crossing) down stream about a mile below the steam plant. I know thats a lot of area but there are some great places to fish on both stretches. This time of year (water temp dependent) look for the deeper holes in the river bends. With a little looking you will find the bigger blues stacking up. Fresh Skipjack is your bait of choice with shad as a backup. If you want to pm me with your email address I can photocopy my fishing map and show you some good spots to start. Good luck.

Shayne

US Army. Doing bad things to bad people since Sep, 2001.

15. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana