New to the boards...

Discussion in 'LOCAL WEST VIRGINIA TALK' started by hokie07, Oct 21, 2009.

1. hokie07

hokie07 New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Hey everyone,
    I just stumbled across these boards today, and they are pretty cool.
    I go to school in Huntington and wanted to know some good places to catch catfish and/or any other thing will bite.
    I'm aware that the Ohio, Mud, and Guyandotte Rivers are around the area, but can anyone tell me any good spot along these places? Any other bodies of water where the fish are is good with me too!

I'm from Southern WV and have spent my time around the New, Greenbrier, Bluestone, and the various lakes around there so I'm a little foreign to the areas in and around Cabell Co.

Thanks a lot!

2. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    Welcome to the BOC, best thing you can do is hang around and get to know the guys on the board the more you participate, the better we all get to know you... before you know it you will be fishing with guys off here and sharing secretes...

3. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hello Jon and welcome to the BOC. Stay safe and stick a pig!!!:wink:

4. mintaka

mintaka Well-Known Member

State:
    Charlotte , N.C
    Welcome to the BOC...you will find all the help you need.
    Good Luck!!

5. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Welcome to the B.O.C.

6. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Jon.

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jon Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois. This site has lots to offer. Enjoy your stay.:0a22::0a22::0a25:

8. corklabus

corklabus New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Welcome to the boards. Look it over. It'll keep ya busy all winter.
    Can't help ya much around your new area. I'm back in your old stompin' grounds.

9. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hi Jon! Welcome to the Brotherhood of Catfishermen family. We're glad to have you! :cool2:

10. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    Jon, on the Guyandotte, just about anwhere between Ranger and Salt Rock is good fishing and most of it is easy to get to. In fact the Guyandotte is one of Wv's better rivers. You also may want to take a drive up rt 52 and check out the Big Sandy. I use to catch a lot of fish from boat at first creek upstream from first loading dock, I think it was Whites Creek but not sure. Also on Ohio you may want to drive up rt 7 on Ohio side. Go thru Crown City and about a couple miles up there you will see some old barge pylons and coal loading shute, I have caught good fish there but also lots of stick fish hang around those pylons :angry:. Another few miles up rt.7 and you will see the dam. It is fished heavy but still worth fishing... Hope this helps

11. River dog

River dog New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Welcome to the BOC Jon! From Pennsylvania...
    Keep checking the WV thread and you should see info for your area:big_smile:

12. eric2006

eric2006 New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    This helps me out some. I have been tring to find spots to fish around this area. Thanks:cool2:

13. Steph

Steph New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohi
    Welcome!!!!