New to the board. Baiting a hole

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by thomassmith1994, Jan 22, 2006.

1. thomassmith1994

thomassmith1994 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Hi ! My name is T.J. I live in Belton, TX. I was just wondering what you guys use to bait a hole and how to use it. Thanks for any information. There isn't a lot of fishing for me right now as I am in Camp Cedar, Iraq. How is the fishing in Texas?

2. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    Hey Thomas welcome to the BOC, I don't have any answers for ya, I'm from Ohio, I just wanted to say we appreciate what your doing for the people over there and for us back here in the good old U.S.A. Thanks a million.:thumbsup:

3. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    welcome Thomas.Here in Kansas soybeans work well to bait a hole.I have found there is no need to sour them, just put them in the water.

4. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :0a25: "thomassmith1994"

"Keep up the Good work over there"
    :0a31:

Bert:cool:
    (Shaina)

5. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Welcome Brother the the family. I like to take this opportunity to thank your for your service to our country. Make yourself at home and jump in and have some fun.

6. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Welcome to BOC thomassmith1994. First I want to thank you for your service. My Family is from Belton. Got a cousin who lives on Belton lake. I'll be heading to Belton in the next couple of months and going to try fishing Belton lake from the bank.
    I aint fished much this year so I cant really say much on that. From what I here it's been pretty good. Crappie on my lake has been good if one can find a place to launch boat and get to creek channels. Most time when crappie fishing this time of year, catfish be mixed in the bunch. Lake has been low. Been having warm weather for this winter. Today we finally got some rain and temps dropped below 70. Been raining all night, 100% today and to night. We need it bad. I like starting a fire on bank when fishing and cant cause of fire
    ban. Plus I cant burn all my yard leaves so I mowed them. LOL This rain we're getting is sure going to help things.

I sour maze that I get from feed store. Got a big bucket of it now. I probably wont use it till spring. Just fill bucket with maze, add water to top, add a beer to it, let set a few days in sun with lid on and it will get right real quick. My maze has been cooking for a long time. Doesn't go bad but sure does stink. Can do corn the same way. On my sour maze, I'll sometimes just pour it in the area I'm fishing and it brings in the cats. Mostly I like putting it in a burlap sack with a rock in it for weight. Drop it in my fishing spot. It will last for days like that.

Good luck over there. Keep your head down. Thanks again for your service.

7. Rockjumper

Rockjumper New Member

State:
    Parker,Pennsylvania
    Welcome to the B.O.C! Thanks for your work and keeping us safe!

8. Rockjumper

Rockjumper New Member

State:
    Parker,Pennsylvania
    Welcome to the B.O.C! Thanks for your work and keeping us safe! Take care of yourself, I will pray for your saftey and a safe return home.

Your B.O.C. Brother,

Paul

9. thomassmith1994

State:
    Texas
    Thanks for the welcome and the info. It is not bad where I am at over here. I will be coming home for 1 week at the beginning of Feb. I am going to use some of the money I have saved over here on a 1995 Bass Tracker Pro 18 with a 90 HP Merc. So I guess it hasn't been all bad. Thanks again for the info.

10. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Howdy Thomas, Welcome to the BOC. I've been fishin' the last two weeksends on Sat. Last week we boated 7 with the biggest @ 19.9lbs. I oonly got one and it was the smallest. This past Sat. we went back and caught 8. This time I got 5 of'em. Biggest was around 3lbs. It's raining on most of Texas today and last night too. We need it so bad. The paper said the last rain was Dec.20 2005 and it was a trace. The lakes are down very low. We got the boat in but had to walk it out along way. It's a flat bottom jon, so we just pulled it off the trailer and sat'er down, loaded our gear and started walkin' her out. It's kinda sad to see the lakes down so much, but, it's kinda cool too cause we are takin' pictures of the lake and will use these when the lake fills back up. Kinda markin' spots that we would not see if the water was at normal level. I've heard lots of big fish are being caught all over the state right now. Hurry home and be safe.

11. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Ive never tried it but some of my friends will take dogfood and put it in a burlap sack and just toss it in.

12. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    Hello Thomas, I`ll echo the other guys. Welcome and thanks for what you do for all of us here.
    We use a cheap bag of dog food. It`s mostly corn and leftover oils from who knows what. Put it in a five gallon bucket/wi top along with water and a rock in the bottom. Let it sit in the sun and sour, drill some holes in it and toss it in a likely fishin spot. Ive always heard to give it a couple of days for best results.

13. Gone fishin 4 kittys

Gone fishin 4 kittys New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Welcome the the BOC!!

I appreciate everything you do!! Your a hero in my eyes!!!

Check out the BOC Library, that the index lots of good info in there!!

-Josh

14. thomassmith1994

State:
    Texas
    Josh. Thanks for letting me in on the library. It has some great info.

15. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    Welcome Thomas, im in north Texas up here I use Magic Bait's dinner bell chum can get it at any walmart. i took a plastic container and melted a bunch of hole into it and put a rock into it to sink it add the chum and tie a string to it about every 15 20 mins give it a shake, only works for me in current though. for lakes ive had good luck with range cubes get the high protein ones they seem to sink better just throw out a marker and drift slowly dumping the sacks out when u stop throw another marker out head back to the first one and drift back with what ever bait u want to use i perfer useing bait shrimp with red food coloring added to them.

16. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Welcome to the Brotherhood Thomas!! Good to see new members and troops joining the BOC!! Thanks for everything you're doing to keep our country safe and protected!! ;)

17. gilly

gilly New Member

State:
    Texas
    Welcome to the BOC......I like to use maze and hen scratch from th feed store. Put it in a 5 gal bucket with water and beer, let it sit for a week or longer for maximum stinkiness. When ready to fish, pour this mix into the water and wait about 15-30 minutes.