New to the area

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by Crazy_Cooter, Jan 2, 2007.

1. Crazy_Cooter

Crazy_Cooter New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    First of all, this site is awesome and I am glad I found it. Second, I am new to the area and need some help to get up to speed on the TN way of catching catfish. (I just moved here to Clarksville, I came from Texas) I am looking for some good channel fishing from the bank, but am not interested in fish over 3 or 4 pounds. Anybody know of any good spots within 20 or 30 miles of Clarksville? I also would like to know of any good baits for this area. I am guessing it is probably the same as TX, cut shad. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

2. rcneman

rcneman New Member

State:
    TN
    welcome to the BOC and welcome to TN. :smile2:

there are several folks that live in the Clarksville area that may be able to help ya out.

cyas
    robert

3. dankitch

dankitch New Member

State:
    Henderson,
    First on all welcome to the BOC...Great site and very friendly people. You will get hooked. Pun intended. Second Tn. is a great place to fish. You should have no trouble at all finding many many people in your area that fish. Third let me say thank you for you service to you country. I am assuming by your dessert BDUs that you served in Iraq. I was there in 91. Again thank you.

4. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    As an ex- Screaming Eagle I give you a sincere welcome. It's been some time since I fished that area, but you in for some good catfishing. There used to be a ******* outside of Hoptown where you could load up an good edible size catfish. It's been to long for me to remember the name.

5. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Sam, the Cumberland has some decent catfish. Lot's of blues the size you're looking for and plenty of channels too. I mostly fish from a boat now, but used to fish from the banks near Boot Hill is, Lock C, Fairgrounds, Cheatham Dam and the ferry crossing. I'll have to leave directions for another post though, but suffice to say you live in some of the best catfishing country there is.

6. catfishbill33

catfishbill33 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, TN
    Sam,
    welcome to BOC Its one of the most informable sites there is.
    I lived in Clarksville just long enough to get "HOOKED" on Catfishing.I found the Cumberland river to be what I had hopes of and it has been just that.When I get to come to Clarksville,I usually go to Cheatam Dam.But where we fish there is easy to find.
    ROUTE:The way we go is to get on hwy 12 going to Asland City...take hwy 12 to "CHEAP HILL"[about 10-12 miles.]Turn right at a church
    [church of christ]then go until you see the water and after you get to the bottom of the hill.Go steight into the park.good parking and a pleasent place to fish.
    PS: cut shad ....cut skip jack..are the bait.Theres lots of help so you wont get lost fishing there.
    PS: Brian is an excellent guide also..Welcome to Clarksville

7. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    welcome to the BOC , sam
    looks like yer getting the info you requested , you should try and hook up with some of these folks , their all good people .

8. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hi Sam! Welcome to the Brotherhood of Catfishermen family. We're glad to have you! Good luck with your Cumberland fishing, I hope you find the honey hole you're looking for :smile2:.

9. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Welcome to the BOC from the west side of our Great Nation.

10. keithcatfish

keithcatfish New Member

State:
    Maryville, TN
    3 or 4 pounds ?? In Tennessee, a fish that size is called "bait". But seriously, welcome to TN and the BOC. This site is wonderful and there are a bunch of guys in your neck of the woods who will be more than happy to help. Heck, I don't live anywhere near Clarksville and even I can tell you, get some cut shad and throw it in the Cumberland River and you will catch cats, after all, this is Tennessee.

11. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Glad to have ya on board,and thanks for serving our Country!:smile2:

12. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Welcome to theBOC. Looks like your getting all kinds of information on fishing in Tenn. So the only thing I can say is THANK YOU SIR for FIGHTING for this GREAT COUNTRY. now go catch those kittys'and enjoy life. You Deserve it.

13. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Welcome to the BOC Sam!!!!

14. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Sam Thanks for serving our country and a big welcome to the best web site there is. (BOC) You have just moved to a great part of this country to catch mister wiskers. Good Fishing.:big_smile:

15. Crazy_Cooter

Crazy_Cooter New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    WOW! This site is even better than I thought. Thank you all for all the replies. I'm glad to hear that I am in the right place. I got hooked on chasing whiskers while stationed in TX and haven't looked back since. If there is anyone in the Clarksville area that would like to get together for a saturday or sunday of fishing, please send me an email. I am always willing to learn more about catfishing, and sharing what little knowledge I have learned over the years. Thank you all again!

16. Michael

Michael New Member

State:
    Clarksville TN
    Sam welcome to the B.O.C. and welcome to Clarksville TN look me up an i'll hook you up with the eater size cats and show you around.. i sent you a P.M.

17. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    Welcome to the BOC and like the others, Thank You for serving our country. I live in North East Arkansas, and hope to fish more in Tennessee this year. I hve taked to Charles Phillips about us maybe fishing the Cunberland. Would love to hook up with you if we get up that way. Again Welcome and Thanks.

18. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    welcome to the boc. Sorry can't help ya on the little ones all I fish for are hogs.

19. Crazy_Cooter

Crazy_Cooter New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Michael,

If you don't have to work this weekend, maybe we can get together and find some fish. I tried to send you a PM, but It won't let me. I went to the steamplant the weekend before last and tried for some skipjack but they weren't happening. I did get a couple dozen shad though. They are vaccume sealed and frozen whole. You think they will work after being frozen?

20. EricM

EricM Active Member

State:
    Harrison TN
    Name:
    Eric Maurer
    Welcome Sam! The frozen shad will work just fine, especially vacuum packed! Bluegill works wonderfully too, so always have some frozen for backup - fresh is, of course, always best! Good fishing!