New to the area...

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by jeepmanfabz, Aug 17, 2006.

1. jeepmanfabz

jeepmanfabz New Member

State:
    ohio
    I'm moving to Charleston, SC in Nov and was just wondering if anyone had any local tips, and or hotspots to share with a relocating Yankee.:embarassed:

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Welcome to the lowcountry, Matt. I don't know exactly what area you'll be living in, around charleston, but I would suggest that you read through the threads in the south carolina section of this forum, look at maps, and associate the type of fishing you prefer with that information. There is a lot of good fishing, both salt and fresh water, in the area. Take a look, then ask specific questions, and some of us will help you.
    The types of fish in general, and the fishing methods, may be different from what you are used to, but I bet you'll adjust just fine. We have plenty of blues, channels, and flatheads to go after.
    Good luck with the move.

3. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC Family Matt.:big_smile:

4. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    welcome to the BOC matt youll enjoy it here.:lol:

5. jcsappjr

jcsappjr Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Name:
    Jerry
    Welcome to the BOC, Matt.

6. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Welcome to the BOC bro, if you would stay in Ohio we could of wet a line. Good luck on the move, alot of great BOC brothers in NC.

7. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Welcome to the brotherhood Matt.

8. bigmike

bigmike New Member

State:
    Kankakee,Illinois
    don't know that area just wanted to say welcome to th BOC

9. ToonCat

ToonCat New Member

State:
    Tega Cay SC
    Welcome to the BOC Matt. You're in luck.....some of the best freshwater and saltwater fishing in the country will be at your doorstep.

10. gatorbait

gatorbait New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Welcome, I was born in Charleston and grew up in the surrounding lowcountry. As for fishing, Lake Moultrie still hold the records for largest Channel Catfish ever caught, as well as the most largemouth bass ever caught in a bassmaster tournament. Right up the road in Myrtle Beach, Cherry Grove pier holds the record for largest tiger shark ever caught (1700 lbs in 1964). Think that's unbelievable? I saw a 1200 lb tiger shark caught off that pier in 1999. Welcome to a great fishing state.

11. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
  12. ncharlestoncatman

ncharlestoncatman New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Matt, Welcome to the lowcountry and to the BOC. I am a new member of the BOC, also. I am also a "transplant" from the north and have been here for over 20 years now. You are getting settled in and use to the area by now, I would think. I have been fishing in the area pretty seriously for about 3 years. I would be glad to get together and share what I have learned about fishing; especially catfish. I go out 1 to 3 times a week, depending on my work schedule. Happy New Year and I hope to hear from you.

13. Shrimp Man

Shrimp Man New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Matt, I moved to Charleston in 1990, I went from the trout streams in the mountains to some outstanding catfishing in our lakes and rivers, I have found life is good in the low country and even better as a BOC brother.
    WELCOME!!

14. catfishing365

catfishing365 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Welcome to the BOC. Great fishing at Santee Cooper, but make sure to study your maps, and talk to other people that have fished there.Do your homework, it will pay off.

15. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Welcome to the BOC. You should find several very good threads on the SC sight.

16. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

You are moving to an area that has the best of both worlds. Fresh and saltwater fishing within an hour of you east are west. Welcome to the BOC. There are a bunch of guys close enough to you to answer more specific questions once your settled in and ready to fish.

17. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Welcomed to the BOC. Glad to have ya aboard.

18. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Blackwaterkatz is the man down there. Be sure to PM him EVERYDAY for fishing reports!! :big_smile:

WELCOME TO THE BOC!! :big_smile:

19. cattinfever999

cattinfever999 New Member

State:
    KY
    Welcome to the BOC, Matt.