New to the Area

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by cassbongard, Jun 22, 2009.

1. cassbongard

cassbongard New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Hey there, I jsut got stationed here on Fort Campbell and am lookin for the good places to catch some cats. I have been down to the "steam plant" a couple of times so far and caught one decent channel and a lot of snags on the bottom. I love me some good catfishin and was hopin for some tips on places to go and what bait is used best down here back home I'm used to using large shiners and nightcrawlers. Oh and if someone out there wouldnt mind another tag along would be awesome too.

2. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Welcome to the BOC Cass..I don't know much about that area but there are a bunch of guys around here that do so I'm sure some one will come along to help..I can tell you though that the best baits are skipjack and shad..Welcome again and good luck catfishing..

3. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Cass.

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Cass Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois.:0a18::0a25:

5. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Cass, welcome to the BOC and Tennessee. Look back through the old threads here and you can learn a ton about where to fish and how to fish. I am out most weekends on the river, either at Cumberland City or Lock B. Some great fishing here! I work at Fort Campbell on the airfield. Retired in 95. I'm glad you found us and hope you find it as fun here as I do.

6. kaous

kaous New Member

State:
    TN
    Welcome to the BOC man. I go out to the steamplant pretty religiously lol. I use shad and skipjack out there and i usually wear the cat fish out pretty good. I dont know where you were fishing at the steamplant but i am usually on the wall or on the point at the far end by the river. If you want we could set up a day and go out there today and i'll show you all of my tricks (i dont have many though:smile2:) Anyways gl cattin and i'll cya around hopefully

7. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Cass welcome to the board. You found a great place with lots of good folks. It's not easy for me to find places to fish because I can't walk to far but If I could I would find a bridge with road near by and walk the woods to get to the river. I sometimes fish from the bank at the bumpus mills campground.The water is only a few feet deep so I mostly catch nothing but my line is wet and I get to spend time on the water.

8. billNpam

billNpam Active Member

State:
    Alabama

Welcome to the BOC I was stationed at Fort Campbell for 11 years and still drive from Alabama and hunt and fish there. I was there last week on Business matter of fact. Hunting on post is awesome for deer and turkey. on average they kill between 900 and 1100 deer annually. As far as catfishing the steam plant in is about the best you can do.But launching at the fairgrounds has been very productive for a lot of people. You can also drive over to the Cheatham Dam and do pretty good at times. At the steam plant there are plenty of skipjack usually around for bait. In the spring time you cannot beat the steam plant for a good load of white bass. I have been know to catch over 100 easily in a day when the run is on. If you are up for a drive of a little over a hour you can always run to paris landing and they do alot of comerical Cattin down there Hope this helps.

9. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Welcome to the BOC. Great info and even better people here. The steam plant always produces good stringers for me. Haven't been able to fish it in over 6 months because i am currently overseas. There are alot of good areas to fish around Fort campbell, you just got to find them, and ask around. Go to CK Outfitters and tell Randy, Andy sent you in to ask about some fishing spots. I will be back sometime around October, it will be hunting season, but I still do alot of fishing as well once the freezer is filled with deer. I wouldn't mind showing you some of the spots I fish. And will even take you out on the river in the new boat. If you are around when I get there that is. SGT Redneck out

10. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Andy, do you know Rob that sometimes works at CK? He's one of my hunting partners. Very good friend. He is now stationed at Stewart. One year from retirement. You be safe and maybe we can do some fishing or even hunting when you get back.

11. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I dont think i know Rob. I could know him because I am bad with names. But We will have to get together and do some fishing or hunting when i get back. Things are going well over here right now. Will be home before i know it. Where do you hunt? Do you have private land to hunt on?

12. muddy

muddy New Member

State:
    Texas
    I was at Ft. Campbell in the early 90's(3/327) and we fished at the steam plant alot. About every time we fished all night we'd have nice stringer. I'd catch some skipjacks on a rattle trap and cut em up for bait. Did real good with worms too. You can tie on a big treble hook and drop it straight off the walkway and snag shad to fish with. Caught alot of white bass in the winter.
    It pays to keep a pole baited with a BIG hunk of skipjack set out too.

13. muddy

muddy New Member

State:
    Texas
    Why does this keep showing up in the wrong place?

14. Brad30110

Brad30110 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Welcome to the BOC. I have been stationed at Fort Campbell since 2004. I use to fish at the Cumberland City Steam Plant, but now only catch bait there. I purchased a boat earlier this year and fish the Lock C- Clarksville area exclusively. If you ever want to go out for a morning and learn alittle of what I do your more than welcome. Just shoot me a private message.

15. cassbongard

cassbongard New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    thanks for all the info guys I'll def. be hittin soem of yall up who offered to show me around. Just tryin to get a few things worked out right now bought a new truck and 4 miles from the lot had a guy hit my left rear dion a good amount of damage so the truck is in the shop for abotu another week and then goin home for the 4th but after that like i said ill be hittin some of yall up thanks again

16. Brad30110

Brad30110 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    That sucks! I hit a deer on the way to the river a few weeks ago.. I couldn't fish for a week, horrible LOL. Let us know when your able to head out on the river.

17. gatortail

gatortail New Member

State:
    tennessee
    welcometothe boc my friend and if u ever want to hit the water just yell my friend.

18. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    Welcome to the BOC/SOC!