New to the area of Central Florida

Discussion in 'LOCAL FLORIDA TALK' started by Katfish Kern, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Katfish Kern

Katfish Kern New Member

State:
    Florida
    Hey Fellas, I just moved to Hernando County after living in the Keys for the last 10 years. Can anyone tell me of some good catfishing in the area?

2. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Welcome to the BOC from Kentucky im sure someone will help ya out

3. Katfish Kern

Katfish Kern New Member

State:
    Florida
    Thx man, glad to be here:0a23:

4. Matt77

Matt77 New Member

State:
    from Us NY live in Cnt FL
    Welcome to the BOC! I fish the St. Johns river, Wachiva River, Econ River and lake Monroe.Give these areas a try. They all yield nice channels. We don't have any blues or flats down here. We should get the Florida FWC to stock blues because flats are probably too aggressive. And there isn't much difference between blues and channels any way.
    Hope this helps

5. Phantom309

Phantom309 New Member

State:
    Titusville Florida
    Hi Seth;
    Welcome to "up-here".
    Right now cats are spawning so just about anywhere ya ought to be able to pull some out.
    Softshell turtle season closes Thursday, so they're off the list.
    I like to get out and explore for new places.
    Just got bumped up at work from three days off to only only one day off (4 day work week-to-6 day work week), ugh ! Love the money, but, lose all that fishin time.
    Take care,
    Tight lines,
    Danny

6. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    :0a25:you will love it:cool2:

7. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    welcome to boc good tips in boc lib:big_smile:

8. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    welcome to the boc from so alabama

9. KING KAT KOLOFF

KING KAT KOLOFF New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    i currently live in WV right now, but i am moving to orlando some time in may... can some 1 help me out? is there any good kat fishin in lake mary? ...and whats the average size down in florida?

thanks for any help!!!

10. reeftank

reeftank New Member

State:
    iowa bettendorf
    we have channels bull heads that is all no flats or blues i have found florida not the best cat fishing but there is some here my best is 16 lb up in ocala and sant johns river but most the time small bullheads if you go up around the pan handel you can get flatheads you think florida you think cat fish heaven but if you look at thr rivers most all start and end in florida just the ones in the pan handel go up in north usa look up florida dnr and find stocked ponds and lakes i found lots of florida just fish for bass and pan fish or go to the sea and fish it is lots of fun and you get catfish all the it is just about 1hr or less form orlando

11. catman fl

catman fl New Member

State:
    fl
    hate to rain on the perade, but there are blues all the way to miama. a friend of mine has caught them to 32 lbs. they were checked by the dnr and verified to be blues. if you catch a chanel cat count the rays and if there is more than 30 it is a blue. I fish all over the state and half the chanels that I caught were blues. it is very hard to just look at a cat and tell if it is a blue or a chanel.I live in vero beach fl . I fish the stick marsh ,lake blue cypress, miama garci, the lake around kissimmee & st clowd.catch cats out of all of them. go to st of florida and they list the to 10 cat lakes in the state. I catch more cats spec fishing then any other time.
    robin

12. reeftank

reeftank New Member

State:
    iowa bettendorf
    wow i have cat fished in florida about 15 years and not got one blue got lots of them up on the mississippi river in florida got some flats up in the pan handel cool

13. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    welcome to boc:smile2:

14. Katfish Kern

Katfish Kern New Member

State:
    Florida
    Fellas I really appreciate all the help...thanks