NEW TO THE AREA - GOLDSBORO

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA RIVERS TALK' started by Miramar2, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Miramar2

Miramar2 New Member

State:
    PA
    I am a Marine new to the area and was wondering if someone can give me few good locations to catch some cats around the area I would appreciate it. I also have a boat to help me get to the locations. Also what is the better baits to use in this area.

Any help is appreciated.

2. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Welcome to the BOC Scott!:0a25:.Someone will fix you up.Out of my area.Thanks for serving brother!:wink:

Last edited: Aug 19, 2009

3. saros2500

saros2500 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    If you're lookin for catfish, a good place to start would be right below the York Haven dam. There's a launch by the hydro station on the York side and there's a much nicer launch on the East side at Fallmouth. Live sunnies, bluegills, chubs, pretty much anything live for flathead. Cut sunny or chub for channels. Be careful boating. Lot of rocks. You could also try launching above the dam, not nearly as many flathead and the lake is pretty featureless but there is a good number of channels. Just send your weight to the bottom with enough lead to hold it there. Look for sharp transitions in depth (say from 4 dropping to 8 feet) or any structure. Good luck, enjoy the area, it's a beautiful river.

4. saros2500

saros2500 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    oh and fish at night if you can! Be safe and have fun

5. Miramar2

Miramar2 New Member

State:
    PA
    I guess it would be best to fish from the bank if I go below the dam, because I have a fiberglass boat and don't want to hit to many rocks. How is the fishing around the hydro plant. I have caugh a few nice channels above the damn, mostly on stink bait though.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  6. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC from Missouri Scott. Thank you for serving!! Semper-fi

7. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Welcome Scott to the B.O.C.! :0a25: :0a23:

8. saros2500

saros2500 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    you'll be save above the dam, which might be a better place to start out. If you go to the fallmouth launch on a weekend, you'll meet a lot of boaters who know the tricks and channels below the dam, maybe even a few nice spots to try. It is very doable below the dam, but there is the chance of a boulder reacing up to bang your prop off. I'd try to catch some fresh sunnies or chubs in your area and cut them up for bait. There are some BIG channels above the dam and that will definitely be the bait to take them. I think somebody caught a 22 lb. channel up there recently.

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Scott Welcome to the Brotherhood, from So. Illinois.

10. delta_dog

delta_dog New Member

State:
    Etters , Pa
    I'll be more than happy to so you the ropes. I scored that 22 pounder above the dam.