new to the altamaha

Discussion in 'GEORGIA RIVERS TALK' started by scout4cats, Apr 13, 2009.

1. scout4cats

scout4cats New Member

State:
    ga.
    I am new to fishing the altamaha and want some good cats...i am from fort stewart and just got back from iraq and would like some vetrans to the altamaha to give me some advise i am even new to catfishing i am from california so i was always into trout fishing but now have a huge interest in cats....i have heard alot about jaycees landing and it is close to ft stewart so it is perfect....if you have any advice for me on where to camp and where to fish and what to use i will take any good advice to throw me some......

scout4cats

2. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Nick,

Once you get 10 post I will send you a private mail. I am around Fort Stewart myself. Last I checked the river stage was at 14 feet, once it go's down, we will be in business :)

3. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Welcome to the club Nick!

4. wareagle06

wareagle06 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Hey Nick, Welcome to the BOC and thank you for your service to our country. The river is really high right now. Depending on how much rain they get in north georgia over the next couple of weeks it should start falling soon. When it does it should be pretty good fishing.

5. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Nick. Thank you for your service.

6. doodlebug188

doodlebug188 New Member

State:
    ga.
    just put u r question in & hold on for more info than u can handle.:smile2::wink:

7. beertools

beertools New Member

State:
    georgia
    Good to have you a board! Thank you for service too.I fish on the west side of Ga on the hooch. Our water levels are up too. I have never caught a big cat, but I have reeled in some 8-12 pounders. Man they are so much fun. Once you get a good size cat, its like crack. You will be hooked forever!