New To Texas

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by centralcalcat, Nov 6, 2006.

1. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    Hey everyone,
    I am new to Texas, just got out here about two weeks ago. I am currently living near San Antonio and just had my first fishing day out yesturday. Thought I would stop by and say hi.

I was form CA, so I have mostly fished for Channels before. It came as quite a shock to pull up to te lake yesturday and hear that the Bliues were hitting well.

Any advice would be helpful. Thank you.

2. LadyValea1

LadyValea1 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Welcome to Texas.....I moved here with my hubby about 6years ago from Sacramento Ca..

In Fort Worth Tx. I do miss the weather in Cali.

3. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I thought you were moving to Indiana, LOL!!! Did you change your mind???

4. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX

I moved form S lake Tahoe. I have a lot of family in Sac.

5. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    LMAO, yeah that was a long drug out story ending in me making a very brief apperance in Indiana. Vini and Robb, daystarchis, give me crap about it all the time. But I am here in TX and here for good it looks like. I really like the area and have met some good people.

6. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I used to live in Texas and I miss it somewhat, LOL!!! I was raised around Houston, not the best of places to live, but a great place to be from, LMAO!!!

7. catboy210

catboy210 New Member

State:
    texas
    for nice sized blues try diffrent types of cut baits i use whole or cut shad but i saw someone pulling in huge blues with 2by2 skipjacks o and welcome to texas :cool2:

8. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Welcome to Texas, good to see you got here soon as you could. I'm a native of both Texas and Houston, both great places to live. And, I live only 2 miles from Lake Houston, a surprisingly great catfish lake. Hope you enjoy San Antone, the only town I ever get lost in. I know you'll enjoy eating real Tex-Mex food.

9. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    WElcome to Texas theres some good folks there:cool2: :0a23:

10. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    welcome ta Texas. theres some great catfishin in yer area, but also, yer only 2-3 hours away from saltwater fishin too.

11. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    Welcome to Texas

12. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX

I am going to be hitting Corpus this weekend. My girl's mom and stepdad fish down there regularly and they invited me along, so off I go.

Thank you to everyone for the warm welcome.

SO do you guys do gatherings down here? I know in Indiana and CA we try to get together every few monthes.

13. mskittyfish

mskittyfish New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    :0a25: Welcome to the Boc, Brian! I think you will find the bro's (that means us ladies too!) on here very helpful and friendly. Im originally from Wisconsin and love it down here in Texas, especially because the lakes don't freeze over and you can fish all year long! I remember last New Years Eve, at midnight I was sittin in a lawn chair underneath a clear, starry sky...warm breeze blowin, my lines tuggin like crazy...sure beats bein stuck in a snowdrift in the freezin cold like so many New Year Eves back home! Im not sure exactly where Marion is, but I do know that there is some AWESOME fishing in northeast Texas. I fish alot on Lake Cypress Springs only because its close to home, but a fishermans dream is Lake Fork. If ya ever get the chance to fish there, dive on it! I've never had the pleasure but its on my list....I know that they do indeed have gatherings for Texas as I was invited last year but was unable to attend. Also, today there was a post for one in Oklahoma, which isnt that far from Texas, so ya might want to check that out. Once again, welcome to the BOC and have fun with the posts!
    ~Tracey~:big_smile_2:

14. mch4fishing

mch4fishing New Member

State:
    East Texas
    I remember your posts from when I lived out there. I lived by Bakersfeild for years But the best place for me living out there was Aronald and or Angels Camp Close to where you where. Anyway Welcome to Texas We love it here and We hope you will also. Lots of Fishing, Bike riding, Camping and Hunting But No Snow Boarding::confuse: Wait a minute No Snow = No Shoveling :big_smile_2:
    Marc

15. jsharris

jsharris New Member

State:
    Texas
    i am always hearing about people using skipjack for bait. where do i catch these at?