New to Texas and finally got me a boat!

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by single_shot, Nov 14, 2007.

1. single_shot

single_shot New Member

State:
    Texas
    I recently moved to San Antonio from North Dakota where we were catching some rather large 10-30 lb. Channel Cats. I picked up a 15' Jon Boat w/15HP Yamaha to continue my Catfishing obsession here is Texas. Does anyone have any information as far as where to go? or what baits produce good results here in the south. I have currently been launching my boat in the Guadalupe near Seguin. Haven't done much fishing yet just trying out the new boat. Getting ready to run docking lights and a GPS/Sonar Unit.

2. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Welcome to BOC and to Texas. I'm kinda new myself and fish mostly around the Austin area, won't be much help around SA

3. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    hey single shot, there's canyon lake in new braunfels, lake travis in austin as well as several others & also calaveras lake in san antonio, plus lake mcqueeney outside of seguin just to name a few!!

4. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    another thought, log onto texas parks & wildlife and it will tell u everything u need to know about all the bodies of water in Texas as far as where they are & the sepcifics on them, not where the fish are lol....

5. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR

Welcome to both of you to the BOC/SOC. Be sure to check out the library, a lot of good info in there. Check out the Texas lakes, rivers and reservoir threads. you should find some good info there as well.

6. Dadoftwo

Dadoftwo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Not from Texas but welcome to the BOC.

7. jstall

jstall New Member

State:
    Gary Texas
    Welcome to BOC and to Texas.

8. mmuckleroy

mmuckleroy New Member

State:
    Texas
    Lake Corpus Christi is one of the top rated cat lakes in the state. IT is a good drive but well worth the effort.

9. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.