New to Tennessee

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by kbgrillin, Jan 10, 2009.

1. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Hey guys, I'll be moving to Tennessee in the next couple of months. Millington area in fact. Can any one let me know where some good spots are to fish? Lakes and rivers. Also, let me know what baits are used. I would appreciate any help you can give. Maybe even hook-up and fish with a few of you guys. Thanks in advance.

2. TN-CATFISHER

TN-CATFISHER New Member

State:
    Cannon County, Middle TN
    Well, welcome to our state in advance :smile2: If you're looking for a new world record catfish you're in the right vicinity. Just head down to that big river down the road there :big_smile: One other place I've always heard big things about but is way to far of a drive for me is Reelfoot lake. Oh man I'd like to fish there some time. Do a google map search and just pan around the Millington area. Reelfoot is to the north and.... you prolly know where the big river is :wink:

3. catfishbill33

catfishbill33 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, TN
    Kelly,
    welcome to Tnn.Its a wonderful place to be I just returned to Tn last may and we are have a good time fishing .I live in clarksville and there is lots of places to fish and hunt.My wife and me we fish from the bank in the winter time.

The Tn river is so large its able to accomate all tnn.The cumberland river Its banks and rivers are unlimited so you wont have any trouble finding places to fish.

have fun ........welcome:wink:

4. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Have any of you fished Glen Springs lake? It's about 10 north of Millington. Is it any good?

5. rwilley3

rwilley3 New Member

State:
    Brighton, Tenne
    What kind of fishing you looking to do? They catch some decent bream at Glen Springs and I hear they catch some catfish on jugs as well. I have been twice trying to bass fish and way to clear and too much moss for me to do any good. All of us local MS River diehards pretty much post under the State of MS World Class Catfishing Thread. Take a look there if you catfish and you will see you are moving to the right place for good ole bigguns:wink: I live about 15 miles north of Millington in the metropolis of Brighton

6. patrickgd

patrickgd New Member

State:
    Memphis TN
    Welcome to TN and the Midsouth Kelly. I live about 15 minutes from Millington in Bartlett. Both are pretty much suburbs of Memphis.
    Roger is right about this place, we have the biggest river in america right in our backyard. We also have lakes like Arkabutla, Sardis and Enid which are in Mississippi that are about and Hour or so south of Millington. And you got Reelfoot which is about an hour and a half or so North. All of which offer good fishing for pretty much any species you like. I personally don't care much for Glenn Springs, like ole roger said it is filled with moss. It is known to have produced good fish but I have unfortunately never done any good there. Hope this helps! :wink:

7. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I really appreciate all the input you guys have givin. Just keep on throwin tips my way. I need all the help I can get, :embarassed:

8. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    pat can give you some great advice.and he is a flathead man .makes for good bank fishing

9. getthenet

getthenet New Member

State:
    ohio
    my son is transfering to millington hes in the u.s. navy he will be there next 4 yrs. hes moving next month navy recrute and commande center. man if you can find some good places to fish ill be set when i go visit him

10. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Sounds like a plan.

11. ibmeubu

ibmeubu New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    kelly
    welcome to Tennessee. I don't know about the places they mentioned toward the Mississippi and Reel foot but anywhere up and down the Tennessee where I 40 crosses or just about aanywhere from Pickwick to Johnsonville should pay off.I fish around Old J-ville

12. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thanks Philip. I'll check these places out. I can't wait ta get started. Hopefully i'll get to catch up with some of you and do some fishing.

13. mmarcum6

mmarcum6 New Member

State:
    Tenneessee
    Kelly welcome to Tennessee my brother and hope you find some of the fine fishing we have in this great outdoor state.

14. faith

faith New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Kelly,
    You are in a great area of all types of fishing. If you are looking for crappie go hour south to sardis or grenada lakes. These two lakes produce some of the best crappie fishing in the u.s. If you are looking to land the 50-60 pound cat, you have the best river in your backyard. The Mississippi river is the best catfish waters around to me. fish around the wing dikes or cuts in the banks. I am from Southeast Missouri and I fish the mississippi up in this area, however, the river is the same down your way.

15. hadleytodd32705

hadleytodd32705 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    i've fished at glen springs caught a mess of catfish crappie as well
    i live in covington tn there are some good places to bank fish on the mississippi river and hatiche river as well
    you can also fish in lauderdale co at cold creek

16. tnvol

tnvol New Member

State:
    Clarksvill
    Welcome to Tennessee! Lots to do here! Enjoy~!

17. hadleytodd32705

hadleytodd32705 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    I ve fished glen springs it does have a lot of moss but ive caught some pretty good fish on jugs i live in covington about 8 miles north of brighton
    i do most of my catfish on the bank on the hachie river and mississippirive in lauderdale county

18. gruffy911

gruffy911 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I live and fish on the other end of the state near Chattanooga so I can't help with any spots but welcome to Tennessee, I know you're going to like it.