New to site.

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by mr. baker, Oct 21, 2009.

1. mr. baker

mr. baker New Member

State:
    Missouri
    This is my first post and thought I would introduce myself.

I am a reformed bass fisherman. Chased the tournament trail for many years until I finally realized I had turned fishing into work. I quit fishing completely for about 3 yrs. (That is how long it took me to realize how much I hated golf.)

Decided to get back to my passion of fishing but decided to try to enjoy it and relax a bit so decided to learn as much as I could about crappie fishing. Found a crappie fishing site, learned a lot about crappie fishing and made a bunch of good friends.

I have now taken an interest in learning about catfishing. Found this site and have been lurking around for a while. Have learned alot and it seems there are a lot of good people on here I hope to meet.

I live in Columbia, Mo. and have a condo at the 14mm of Lake of the Ozarks. I hired Steve Brown and went on 2 drift fishing guide trips on Truman in the last couple of months. Learned a lot from Steve. I have been trying to implement his tactics in my area of LOZ and have had some luck with it. (Largest so far is 21lbs.).

I have been fishing all my life but know virtually nothing about catfishing so I hope you will tolerate all my stupid questions. Not only do I want to learn more about catching catfish at LOZ, but with the Mo. River in my backyard, I want to learn as much about river fishing as I can as well.

2. SmokinBarrel

SmokinBarrel New Member

State:
    St. Louis, MO
    Mike welcome aboard. A great site for guidance regarding catfishing. AND, don't feel alone as I am learning too.

Heck, when I had my 1st boat 8 years ago, I did well on the Mississippi cat fishing. But then I sold it. So, it's been 6 - 7 years since owning a boat, and I'll tell ya, I cannot believe everything I've forgotten. Seems as if I have to learn it all over again.

3. Eich

Eich New Member

State:
    Mount Joy,
    Mike,

First of all welcome to the BOC. It is an honor to have a former bait (bass) fisherman to come over. (Just kidding, bass fishing is cool). You are right there are many great people on this site willing to help in whatever way possible. My advice about questions asked is always the same. The only stupid question is one that you don't ask because then there is virtually no chance of finding out the information you are seeking. So whenever you want, just ask away. Again welcome and hope the site lives up to your expectations. :big_smile:

Ray

4. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC Mike. Lots of fun here with some really nice people

5. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome aboard! Lots of good folks and information to be had here. Don't worry about the stupid questions...the teasing will only hurt for a short while but what you learn will last a lifetime!:wink::smile2::smile2:

6. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Mike.

7. moriver

moriver New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome to the group Mike, glad to have you.

8. catwhisper

catwhisper New Member

State:
    georgia
    Welcome Mike, i've been catfishing all my life and i have learned alot listening to these guys and gals on here. Just be opened minded and enjoy the great company. There is no such thing as a stupid question.

9. 1 catbuster

1 catbuster New Member

State:
    Union Mo
    Mike welcome to the BOC there are allot of great people here

10. ammo warrior

ammo warrior Member

State:
    Columbia, MO
    Hello Mike, I welcome you to the BOC. Yes there are a lot of wonderful folks on the site and a tremendous amount of good information. I also live in Columbia, on the East side of town just off of 70 hwy. I am fairly new to catfishin also. I have really enjoyed this site and am trying to learn from the wisdom of those that have 'been there and done that'. I hope that we can meet sometime and maybe wet a line. Again, welcome to the BOC bro...:cool2:

11. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Welcome to the BOC Mike. If they ever bring back that 8 million dollar reward to bust george perry record bass , I will be a bass fisherman myself ...lol

12. joer

joer New Member

State:
    columbiaMo
    Mike welcome to the boc! I am still new and learning myself. I spend a lot of time on the Mo.river so we can meet up any time you want to go.

Heck...I'll be on it this afternoon!:wink:

13. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    WELCOME TO THE BOC BROTHA! dont give up on the bass....they are great bait :smile2::wink:

14. Motopro00

Motopro00 New Member

State:
    Festus, Missouri
    welcome to the BOC mike. I am a former bass guy but nothing like having a chance at a 50+ pound fish on any given cast.:eek:oooh::wink:

15. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    HIDDY HI from Arkansas! Welcome to the boc Mike:roll_eyes:

16. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hi Mike good to have ya here. Ask away we dont mind sharen veiws. I thought I knew alot but man I have learned 200% more here about catfishen. Great site good bunch of guys. Fished with a few and ant met a bad one yet.

17. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    welcome aboard mike----don't know much about LOZ but the missouri river is one of the best BIG catfish rivers in the nation. wish i had it in my backyard.it won't take you long to hook up with some great catfish people on here. enjoy the ride.

18. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    :0a25:welcome to the BOC.i've been cattin all my life an still got more to learn.you'll find a lot of good info. and a lot of great folks that'll help anyway they can.

19. raysplay

raysplay New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Mike welcome to the BOC, you will find a great group of people on this site and all the info you need.

20. mr. baker

mr. baker New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks for the warm welcome. I lok forward to meeting you.