New to site fishing Keystone Lake

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by whiskerbattler, Apr 17, 2007.

1. whiskerbattler

whiskerbattler New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    OK guys newbie to site needs some help. Have only fished Keystone 1 other time. I am going up there friday afternoon to fish all night. I am restricted to the bank as i dont have a boat. I am down to either washignton irving or appalacian bay. Where am I best off fishing bank. Also if anybody is fishing friday night let me know. Have always been a loner but would like to build some freindships with oklahoma catfish anglers across the state. Come on now calling all anglers lol.

2. Can't tell you much about Keystone except it has a great reputation. I just wanted to invite you to the brotherhood and let you know there's a ton of content here. Good luck at Keystone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Brandon,

Welcome to the Brotherhood of Catfishermen. You have entered a really unique site where differences are laid aside, friendships are formed, and you will be treated as a true member of the family all in the search for Mr Whiskers.

Keystone is a unique lake to fish. My understanding is that the best bait to use is fresh, cut, shad heads.

I am including two links for you to check out. They are the best chance to meet a LOT of members, and fish Keystone at the same time.

Keystone Gathering #5 (Tinboat's FareWell Gathering)

This link will tell you all about the Gathering that will be held at New Mannford Ramp the first weekend of June. It is dedicated to the memory of one of our fallen members, Tinboat. You will NOT be sorry if you make it to this gathering.

This is a link to the sign up page for the Keystone Gathering.

Glad to see you on board, and I hope I get the chance to fish with you at some point.

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Welcome to the BOC, always great to have another new member.

5. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Welcome to the BOC Brandon.Im sure your going to be addicted to this site.very informative.good luck.

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Brandon Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois. Glad to have you on board.:lol:

7. whiskerbattler

State:
    Oklahoma
    I truly thank all of the people with their warm welcomes. I hope and i truly feel i have ran into a group of people to build friendships with as well as spend quality time with in the outdoors. Again thank you

8. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Welcome to the BOC. Hope to see ya at the Keystone Gathering in June.

9. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC Brandon

10. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    welcome, come to the gathering.

11. leadsinker

leadsinker Member

State:
    Wichita, K
    Brandon Welcome to the BOC

12. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Welcome to the boc, Brandon. I sent you a private message, be sure to check your pm inbox. Hopefully this will help you out.

13. A big Kansas welcome to the BOC. Enjoy that great catfishing in NE OK!!!!

14. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Welcome to the BOC Brandon, were glad your here!!!

15. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Welcome to the B.O.C. I hope to meet you at the Keystone Gathering in June!

16. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Well Brandon, a lot of welcomes (mine included) but not one answer to your questions. I'd like to give you one answer, but I have been skunked every time I have fished Keystone (Actually, just once). Another piece of advice, if TopDawginOK tells you where to fish, you can discount that also - he couldn't catch a cold. LOL

17. Larry Collier

Larry Collier New Member

State:
    Wagoner, Oklahoma
    Hi Brandon -- I've never fished Keystone but I posted a reply yesterday with the url for a Keystone catfishing website, but the administration pulled my post. :eek:oooh:

According to the rules we aren't allowed to give out that sort of information. So, try googling for the lake and cross yer fingers. It's the best I can do.

18. catfishfed

catfishfed New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    well i havent gotten out much this year, but im local, and one thing i do know is your not gonna do anything from the bank at washington or appalachia, the best shots you got that i know of are keystone ramp, right in front of the west end of the parking lot (limited out in 2 hours last april, needs to be strong north wind) or as far south as you can go under the west side of the 64 bridge. skys the limit there on size and can be phenomenal when the gates are open, which they will be friday, though its a little early for that spot, who knows. youll need to cast at both spots, im sure you're up to that. let me know what you decide ill stop by

19. whiskerbattler

State:
    Oklahoma
    well catfishfed thanks for the info. I think I will probably go to apalacian bay this time as I dont know the lake real well and it is a safe spot lol. stop by we can bs and discuss the lake. I drive a black nissan maxima will be in a camping stall. Hope to see ya. Thanks

20. whiskerbattler

State:
    Oklahoma
    ok i think i got a new plan catfishfed. I think I will be somewhere out at feyodi creek park. I got a tip from a reliable source that out there at feyodi right at the mouth of creek tends to be a good spot so check there first. Sure hope to see you thanks