New to SC

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by thompsonn, May 15, 2009.

1. thompsonn

thompsonn New Member

State:
    iowa
    Just got stationed here from Texas, originally from Iowa. Just starting out down here, looking for any advice for Lake Wateree, or Wateree river. Haven't had much luck yet.

2. GEORGE2

GEORGE2 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Dont know much about the Wateree river but as for lake Wateree the dutchman creek area is great this time of year. If you are fishing from a boat I would try drift fishing between the dutchman creek bridge and the main lake. There is a large flat at the mouth of dutchmans creek that is also a great place to drift. Wateree is loaded with thread fin shad, gizzard shad, crappie and white perch. This would be my first choise for bait. This bait can be cought very easy around the bridge with a cast net, you can not keep any crappie cought in a cast net. They must be cought on rod an reel. Good luck!!! If you catch any big fish take a picture an let it go. Wateree has a lot of big cats but if every one keeps taking them home they wont be there for long. Plus a picture is a whole lot easier to carry around.

3. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Welcome to S.C. and the BOC, Nate. I don't fish up there much, myself, but there are a few who do, and I know they will jump in and offer some good advice.

4. harper81

harper81 Member

State:
    Summerville, SC
    I fish Wateree river often. Don't have any good tips since I am just figuring it out myself, but I usually use perch fillets for bait. I have caught a 27 and a 15 and two stripers using the perch in the past 2 weeks. Just get some redworms and the perch are everywhere. Then fillet them and put the fillet on a hook and hope for the best. Or catch me at work since it just dawned on me who you are or at least who I think you are. I am over in the E&E shop.

5. dudley-1

dudley-1 New Member

State:
    SOUTH CAROLINA
    Shoot me a PM Thompson>If you can get away from work in the evening one day next week,I'll throw you an invite to fish lake wateree on my boat,I got everything,all you'd need is to just show up.Thank you and Harper for what yall do!!

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Nate Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois. Good fishing in your new area.:0a18::0a25::0a25:

7. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Welcome to the BOC nate.

8. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    welcome to the boc Nate

9. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member