new to missouri

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by catfish seeker70, Jul 31, 2009.

1. catfish seeker70

catfish seeker70 New Member

State:
    missouri
    i just moved here from salt lake city , and i just bought a tracker pontoon with a 60 hp big foot ,is that enough power for the mo river, and where are the ramps ,i am from deepwater missouri

2. jlcperformance

jlcperformance New Member

State:
    moberly, missouri
    i would say u would have the best luck right on the osage, truman, and loz right down the road from u, they r all very good catfisheries.

3. catfish seeker70

State:
    missouri
    is there as big catfish in truman?i have only fished it a few times

4. jlcperformance

State:
    moberly, missouri
    definately with probably even a better chance of catching them there r a bunch of guys on here that fish down there and im sure that they will be able to help u out. also u can scroll down through the threads and find plenty of info on truman right here.:wink:

5. jlcperformance

State:
    moberly, missouri
    but i would say the closest ramp to u on the missouri river would probably be lexington, i think it is about 70 miles from there. waverly is also around that distance to. both r good places to put in and fish also.

6. jmanion8

jmanion8 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Welcome to the BOC and to Missouri! I'm technically from Kansas, right across the river, but was born and raised in St. Louis. Anyways, 60 horseys will certainly be enough. Best of luck to ya!

7. catfish seeker70

State:
    missouri
    the guys at work said there is some big fish in the missouri ,they said there where some up there around forty or fifty pounds , these arnt channels are they?

8. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    You'll find some really nice channels, but mostly that size will be blues and flatties. Stay safe and good fishing!!!:wink: