New to Me

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by dominoman, Apr 22, 2008.

1. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Hopefully after I get back from a business trip on Thursday, I'll be making arrangements to go pickup a new to me boat on Friday. Got a verbal commitment from the owner for a 21' deep V, center console with a 115 Mercury. Pictures to follow. If it all works out, there will be a sale on the 17' Blue Fin I've got. Then all I got to do is start over with rigging the rod holders, electronics and all the good stuff.

2. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Good luck on the new to u boat, hope it works out. That will be lot more room for u to fish more poles and land more fish

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like you have a good boat in the working. Congrats on a good find

4. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Things worked out, didn't get beat out of the deal, drug it home this morning. Now the real work begins, getting it outfitted with the electronics and bells and whistles that I want.

Attached Files:

5. el-de-saspamco

el-de-saspamco New Member

State:
    Saspamco,Texas
    Nice !!!

Rubes

6. hillcountryfishin

hillcountryfishin New Member

State:
    tx
    That's shapr righ and should handle any type of water! Good looking boat, half the fun is riggin her to your specs!
    Congrats!

7. fishing bum

fishing bum New Member

State:
    Victoria Texas
    Nice boat to rig out. only it is the wrong color. Good luck on your first fishing trip with it.

8. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    OK what color is it suppose to be? Got the Lowrance mounted and everything run today along with the Minnkota 50# bow mount, replaced switches, ran new wire, made good connections. Just easier to do it before I get out and "Gosh, wonder why this doesn't work?" Don't think that the weather is going to allow a run to the lake tomorrow. Sure glad I didn't build the shed any shorter, got about 4" clearance.

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Congrats on the boat and thanks for sharing the pics. Looks great.

10. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    That sir is a fine lookin boat. Got nothin but potential. Wish ya nothin but the best with it.:cool2:

11. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    That is a fine looking boat that you have there thank you for sharing the pictures with us looks like a good boat where you will be able to get to them big fish in the water good luck on your fishing trips.

12. loucas7

loucas7 New Member

State:
    Texas
    IF COLOR MADE A DIFFERENCE I THINK ALL BOATS WOULD BE CLEAR
    GOOD LUCK FISHING. IF THAT WERE MY BOAT I WOULD CALL IT THE "JOLLY GREEN GIANT" TO CATCH GIANT FISH.

13. CatfishBevo

CatfishBevo New Member

State:
    Texas

Color?
    Shoot if it's the color you like, thats what matters!LOL
    Thats why they paint cars red.
    I hate red cars, but, ifin you like em, I hope you get 50 of em!
    Looks like a good catfish rig to me.

CatfishBevo

14. wneubauer

wneubauer New Member

State:
    McKinney, TX
    Looks like an oldie but goodie! Where will you be using it?

15. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Will be on Lake Fork this summer, plans are to be on Lewisville in December for a few days. I hear that monster blue calling me.

16. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    welcome to boc great tips in boc lib:cool2:

17. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    welcome to boc:big_smile:

18. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    nice boat , looks good from this end,good luck and catch them fish

19. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Update, got a chance to work on it this weekend, decided I didn't like the carpet in it, so pulled almost all of it out, then the floor was rough from the glue they had used. Laid a new smooth plywood flooring over the original floor, then rolled it with bedliner kit. There ain't no way you will skid on this stuff. Made a trade in of the Lowrance 520 C and got the bigger version, the 27, more power, bigger screen. Got just a few more things to tidy up and then it's going to be water time. Hopefully this weekend. Will try to put some update photos on this afternoon.

20. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Update #2, took the boat out for a test run, had some fuel issues, would only run about 1/2 throttle, while out the new Lowrance unit's gps quit. Second time i've had a Lowrance go belly up. Pulled it out, took it back to Cabela's for return. Have had enough of Lowrance, broke down and went back to Humminbird, 797 c SI. Got carb and fuel pump kits on the way, can't wait to play with the side imaging sonar on the water.