New to me boat

Discussion in 'Boating' started by 7mmmag1, Sep 25, 2009.

1. 7mmmag1

7mmmag1 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Got this boat about a month ago, runs like a new one. Want to add a rod holder rack this winter (possibly 2) and need to get the courtesy lights working and replace a deep cycle battery but other than that its great. Will any take ideas on further mods to it

2. 7mmmag1

7mmmag1 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Heres some pics will get more later, too dark out now and its got the cover on it, so next time

Attached Files:

• 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      23.7 KB
      Views:
    • 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      25 KB
      Views:

3. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Way to go,, That a make a fine catter:big_smile:

4. moondog58

moondog58 New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Great looking boat. Looks like those fancy bass boats the bass guys use. Great.

You might think of making the live wells a little bigger. I use a bait tank about the size of most bass boat live wells for their fish. Bass just don't get as big as cats, and the usual bass boat live well is kind of smallish for cats. Otherwise this looks like one fine water ride.

5. Todd Strong

Todd Strong Active Member

State:
    Cambridge, Ne
    Nice boat Daniel. I use a 22ft Champion bass boat that I converted to an catfisher. I like having the room on the back deck for anchor fishing in the MO river. Plus the ride you get in rough waters. You get the boat set up the way you like to fish and I am sure you will enjoy the the hull design. I use a 75 gallon tub with areator for tornament fishing.

You need to check out Monster rod holders, These holders are a great design, and you can buy extra bases to move the holders for your needs whether your anchoring out the back or drifting your favorite lake. Good luck on your mods.

6. playin4funami

playin4funami New Member

State:
    Saronville Ne.
    get an extra deck seat base and make or buy yourself a rod holder rack,you can use it in back from side to side to fish out the back or in the front for drifting. A T shape with some tie downs on each end works great and you can set it at any angle you want. On mine I also added a upright rod rack to hold poles out of the way when not in use to the front side of the console,standing upright they take up alot less room. you'll love it,power,speed,and the ability to hit some pretty shallow water,and still get a smooth ride out on the waves,depending on how hard you push it,carefull though ,the first time I launched mine out of the water on a big swell I about had to find a dock and restroom,running about 65 mph I had 5 foot of air under the boat and cleared the next two rollers clean,that'll give you some pucker! Truely though be carefull and enjoy it,they are an awesome style boat that will get you around quickly(no long boat rides to get to where you want to fish) and good for alot of fishing styles with a little thought on the set up. If you do any trolling you will want a couple drift socks,theres not much hull there to resist the water,and they tend to scoot right along at a slow idle.

7. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hello Daniel and welcome to the BOC. Nice looking buggy and I see the fellas are helping you get underway with your mods. Stay safe and stick a pig!!!:wink:

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Daniel congrats on the new boat. You will have a great ride with that rig. Looks sharp, Congrats.

9. restorerancientiron

restorerancientiron New Member

State:
    Cadiz, KY
    nice looking rig indeed.I have seen some great rod racks by using the seat post as stated earlier with the tie downs.I am machining a couple of aluminum brackets for the back of mine.When I get it done I will post pics.I will be using the monster rod holders in the 33/45 but I am developing an adjustable system as well.Lots of good ideas on here.

10. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    You sure should be proud.....That is a real fancy lookn' boat ya got. Bet ya it will be a catfish dream before too long.

11. 7mmmag1

7mmmag1 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thanks for the compliments. I love it, lots of fishing room, 3 fishing seats, multiple big livewells, can drive it in 1 1/2 feet of water and 60+mph. Seems to take the rough water at Texoma pretty well drove it about 6 miles middle of the day Saturday of Labor Day weekend. Definetly need to get some rod holders this winter though when I pay it off sometime around January.